Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
volunteers needed to show our dogs

We need volunteers toshow our dogs at the whippet fun day on Sunday.I will supplythe transport for upto 6 dogs 2 volunteers from Baltree to kincardine and back to Baltree. I have been told by the folk running the club to bring some collecting tins ,these guys couldnt have been any more helpful and genuinely interested in the work at Baltree, some of them having owned and raced greyhounds themselves,also made another contact from aclub in Kirkaldy who has invited our dogs along to the Scottish open Derby,where dog folk from all overBritian attend.What an excellent opportunity to show case our dogs.Ihope we can take advantage of these opportunities.

Re: volunteers needed to show our dogs

Hi Guys,
Is there nobody out there who can help Bert on Sunday? Celia and I are tied to the kennels at the weekend.
Any volunteers?

Hi
What time would this be happening? I am off on Sunday and potentially available. Let me know please

Eileen

Hi Eileen, dog show starts at10 but would have to leave Baltree with dogs at 9 If you are able to go let me know if leaving from Baltree or meet at dog show.Would you be comfortable with one dog or two? Bert

Bert, apologies for the delay in getting back to you - had no broadband in the house til just now (don't ask!!). Anyway, Julie and I are willing to help out and we'd be happy with two dogs each. We'll meet you at Baltree at nine. When would we be back at Baltree?

Hi Steve,dog show is from10 till 1 when the racing starts.Wecould watch one or two races and then leave our dogs would get very excited when they see the whippets chasing the lure.

Hi Bert

We spoke to Jimmy and Celia tonight and will also be happy to come along and help.

We can easily take 2 dogs in our car and follow you down.

We will be at Baltree at around 8.45/9.00 on Sunday so will see you there and await further instructions

p.s. I'm think Ariel may not be a great one to take to the whippet races

Ben & Lyndsey Aitken

Hi Bert

I would be quite comfortable with two dogs. I could also put down the seats in my car and take them in that if it helps. I will be at Baltree for 8.45 or earlier if needed. Mobile number is 07814000624 if you need to contact me or leave message on here. I'm out for the day but will be home about five or six this evening.

Eileen

Aw Ben and Lyndsey - don't spoil wee Ariel's fun

Jimmy

If we take Ariel we may as well take our own Forth along!?! The whippets would be so traumatised they wouldn't be able to race!!