Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breeze

Hi to everyone at GRF.

Just a little note to let you know that Breeze is settling in well to her new home. As I type she is snuggled up at my feet, but she's equally happy with either of the kids or my husband. She's a joy to walk, happily sauntering along at whatever pace you set and isn't phased by anything whether it be noisy cars, buses, sirens or (as we found out today) trains!

She has also been tearing around the garden like a loony after a ball and it is a joy to watch!

She's still being fussy about her food, but her Dad cooked up a yummy doggy casserole yesterday with turkey which should last a few days mixed in with rice, carrots and a sneaky handful of kibble. It disappeared after one suspicious sniff!

Thank you Celia and Jimmy for letting us adopt her and to Dave and Helen for dropping her off on Saturday night. Breeze has wormed her way into all our hearts, she is such a sweetie!

Re: Breeze

Welcome to the wonderful world of being allowed to share your life with a grey.

If you're not nutty yet, you soon will be.

How did you manage to come away with only 1 hound? Celia must be losing her touch.

Hi Louise,
We're so glad that the wee girl has settled in.
She deserved her good home.
Please keep in touch.
Celia and Jimmy.

HI CELIA
SO PLEASED BREEZE HAS FOUND A NEW HONW
I WAS TEMPTED MYSELF WHEN I SAW HER ON THE
WEB.

I can't believe Breeze has been with us for two weeks. She has slipped into family life as though she has always been here! She charms everyone she meets and we have to make sure none of our visitors sneaks off with her. She has been to meet my husband's mother in her care home which involves a trip up and down in a lift - completely unfazed (unlike her wimpy mum!)

Happily Breeze has found her appetite and now scoffs her kibble and gravy leaving a lovely clean bowl. We've also discovered she's a dog who loves cheese - its the only time she makes the effort to mooch.

She did well at the vet on Friday when we took her for her booster and was very good with the vet, mind you being microchipped isn't for the faint hearted - that needle is huge!!! I felt like yelping too! I'm not sure how we'll get on next week when she goes back for her 'op' (shhh! incase she's watching).

Busy day tomorrow - it being Father's Day - but it includes a trip in the car which Breeze just takes in her stride, unfortunately she will have to share the back seat with Jake, not sure how much space he will have but he loves her to bits and doesn't mind if she sticks her head on his knee.

Breeze is currently flat out on her bed snoozing - well she did have a very wearing day sunbathing and throwing her ball about the garden (will post pics) as well has patrolling her perimeter - a girl needs her beauty sleep, although Breeze has no worries there.

But then I'm her completely unbiased mum

That's brilliant Louise. Thanks for letting us know.
Great that the wee girl has settled in.
Celia and Jimmy.