Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
feeding

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice. We have kept quincy on his gusto biscuit and pedigree chum that he was on when we rescued him. However he has terrible wind, occasional runny stools and his ribs and pin bones are still very visible. Has anyone ever tried natures menu or can you offer any advice.

Thankyou karen, john and quincy

Re: feeding

Hi, I have had Zoe now since the 1st of March. She had and still has terrible wind!! She's no lady...lol...we have tried different combinations of food but nothing makes any difference. Must just be a grey problem! She is a little gem :)

Gillian

Hehe, quincy is stinking when he gets going. I guess its more just cause he is still quite thin looking and maybe even lost a bit. I guess though the whole rehoming process is stressful for them too. He just got his teeth done yesterday too so they r lovely and white. Has your zoe settled in well?

Karen

Greyhound Gas attacks - a breach of the Geneva Convention every time .

Having tried a few Greyhound specific feeds, ours have settled happily on Gusto, chubb and whatever else they can beg, borrow or steal. Vince really loves a bowl of Asda (and only Asda) ranch salad complete with dressing and crunchy bits).

It seems like farts and sqidgy poo (especially as some of them seem to enjoy doing more poos than pees when out for a walk) go with the territory - just another couple of lovable traits these hounds have.

I have noticed that. My parents dog pees all the time when out, quincy generally does one lllooonnnggg pee hehe. Smelly wind aside tho, hes just great its the best thing we have ever done.

Karen

Charcoal granules or charcoal biscuits really help with flatulence in Greyhounds. Have used both with my own and the smelly fosters we have had over many years-and with not too much wet meat in the diet-worked wonders. Hope this helps. Maureen.

i feed mine chuddleys sensetive and it seems to do the trick,no wind and nice firm poo,lovely.

Hi I feed my greyhounds on Chappie and Gusto and they hardley ever get wind.

I think I need to feed my mum chappie and gusto.

Hi angela, how much chappie and gusto do you feed them?

Karen

Hi I usually give my three greyhounds each 3 cups of Gusto with water in it to soften it and half a small tin of Chappie, it dosen't seem to matter what flavour off Chappie I get it seems to agree with them.

Hi Samara

I'm thinking ur mum may mean similar portions would b good 4 her !! So I'd go with the 1/2 a tin of Chappie & Gusto biscuits & c how things go from there !!! U 2 make me laugh :-)

I have finally found a food that they both eat. It's called Orijin. I buy it online from Zooplus. No wind, solid poos. They only get 1 large(ish)mug each twice per day and LOVE it. I'm so happy to find a food that ticks all the boxes (for my two anyway).

Thankyou,
Ive put him back onto the pedigree chum and gusto as he was having terrible diarrhoea on the natures menu even getting us up at 02:00 several nights. Hes also getting an afternoon meal of cooked chicken and rice or pasta until he puts some weight on. He absolutely loves it. So fingers crossed.

Karen

Hiya,

I've too kept Bruce(Rab)on gusto for a while then I tried a couple of others, while they didnt upset his tummy, I'm afraid the wind has never stopped and omg it's bad lol!!
On the upside tho at least we can all blame the dog hahaha
He has however improved a good bit since giving him charcoal biscuits.
He gets sardines and honey for his coat too and has put weight on and to my amazment the vet has told me last week he needs to lose a pound or two.
Hope this helps.

Susan

Hi Karen & John

We feed Megan on Pal complete dried food - chicken variety (with moist chunks)lower in protein than some of the others - mixed with some tinned Pal and a little gravy and she loves it. She did have wind for a while at the beginning too but hardly any now.

Hope this helps!
Christine x

We feed Stacey on Cobbydog Greyhound Maintenance. She gets fed the nuts dry, with no tinned meat. Although she might f**t now and then, she is no worse than her owner. Hope this helps.