Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pee -Pee problem??

Megan appears to have a little 'wee' problem! From time to time (getting a bit more frequent these days)! she dribbles quite a lot. I can see it dripping quite quickly from her. She's aware of it and tries to lick it as it drips - poor wee scone - but it stops again just as quickly as it started. She can go for ages without it happening again and then for no apparent reason it dribbles. We have tried a process of elimination - is it when she's really tired or maybe if she drinks lots of water, maybe if she's anxious or something scares her, nut none of these seem to be the reason. We have just stripped her beds etc and done endless washing up till now as when it happens it seeps through everything, but before I make an appointment at the vet to have her checked out, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this 'wee' problem! Megan is full of beans otherwise tearing round the garden at the speed of light as usual, eating drinking sleeping and enjoying all her walks as usual. Its quite odd. Any ideas?

Re: Pee -Pee problem??

Hi - Havent had quite the same problem but Bambi has had a urinary infection twice and did have problems with holding wee in then - I actually was starting to think she wasnt house trained at all due to the accidents she was having but a trip to the vet (with a wee sample - boy was that fun to get!!lol) confirmed that she had an infection and with a course of antibiotics my baby was once again house trained!! Dont know if its connected to what ur experiencing but thought it was worth a mention x

Re: Pee -Pee problem??

Hi Joan
Many thanks for your help - it could well be a urinary problem right enough even though its not a constant problem. I think I'll make an appointment with the vet anyway although she had her booster not long ago and he checked her all over. I took a sample with me from her then - it was all clear - I know what its like trying to get that!!!!We'll see what he thinks. Many thanks again.