Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very sad news.

Hi Everyone.
It is with great sadness that Celia and I have to report the death of Dougie Greenshields. Dougie was the husband of Shorna. You may remember that they fostered three legged Gabby knowing that she was dying of bone cancer. Their loving care confounded the vets and Gabby had a great couple of years with them before she died.
A nicer couple you could not meet.
On behalf of all the Greyhound Rescue Fife family we'd like Shorna and her family to know that we are all thinking of them at this sad time.

Re: Very sad news.

Truly sorry to hear Dougie has passed away. A very sad loss. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought he and Shorna as well of course , were complete heroes for taking on Gabby. I will always have complete admiration them both. Sincere condolences to Shorna and Family xx

Thank you for letting us know. They do say only the good die young but it's small consolation. Gabby will look after him now.

Very sad news indeed. My condolences and thoughts are with Shorna and family. xx

We were so VERY sad to read of the passing of Dougie Greenshields - he was a TRUE gentle man.

He and Shorna adored Gabby, and she them … they were such a lovely couple with hearts of gold.

Our condolences to Shorna, and the rest of the family, at this sad time.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xXx