Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A home for Flora?

After much thought, worry and debate I have eventually taken Flora back to Celia and Jimmy’s last night. This has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life, but for health and personal reasons I had no other option. I am finding it very hard to come to terms with this decision and am expecting judgement. But please, all I am asking is for anyone who would consider giving Flora the forever home she truly deserves to speak to Celia and Jimmy. I just want the best for Flora now and as short a stay as possible back in the kennels. Thank you

Re: A home for Flora?

My heart goes out to this wee girl and I might just be in a position to take her on.

I lost my longtime lurcher boy Fly, aged 16 recently and whilst wasn't considering another dog at the moment I may have to reconsider. I do have a rescue from Celia and Jimmy, Flash (nee Smash) so it would also depend on how they get on.

I will seriously consider having this wee girl and I will contact Celia and Jimmy very soon.

Hi Anji.
Thanks for your kind and much appreciated offer to rehome Flora.
However a family came to the kennels today and rehomed Flora.
They are a very nice family.
We hope that you are keeping well.
Jimmy and Celia.

Hi folks,
Just to say a huge thank you to everyone who has offered help and support, without passing judgement, this last couple of weeks. (You know who you are) It has been a very tough and emotional decision to make but only done in Flora’s best interests and I know she will be very happy with her lovely new family 🦊🦊
Again, Thank you to Celia and Jimmy, for involving me every step of the way. It was very much appreciated.
Keep up the good work everybody and I will continue to support GRF any way I can.

We thought you'd want to know that Flora is settling in really well with us. She is the sweetest dog isn't she? She has been enjoying her walks, and seems content when in our garden (we were worried she might try to jump the fence). We heard her bark for the first time today - at the postman! We have spent quite a lot of time with our 2 year-old granddaughter Holly this past week, and they are great friends already. Holly has taken to calling her Flo, and we think it suits her, so it looks like she'll be Flo to us. She has slept soundly all night every night (and for big chunks of every day too!). She has totally charmed our whole family.

I hope it helps to know that she is happy and content.

Best wishes,
Marion

Here are a few photos to show that Flora is settling well into her new home. She's had a really great week. Not a bit of bother, and we all love her already.

Best wishes,

Marion.

Flora at home

Flora at home

Flora at home

Flora at home

I’m glad to hear Flo is settling in so well. When I was a toddler I spent many happy hours rolling around the floor playing with my neighbours greyhound, Lassie. She was such a patient, gentle dog and as I got older we’d play properly together, I’d get her to push me onto the sofa, which I thought was hilarious and Lassie seemed to enjoy too. I was devastated when she died and although Nina the Labrador who replaced her was a nice dog, we never had the same connection. I still remember Lassie with affection 55 years later which I think says how great greyhounds are. Enjoy making happy memories xx

I’ve huge respect for you, clearly a very difficult decision to let Flora go but you made the needs of the dog the top priority.

Thank you so much for the update. Oh my🐾🐾 she’s landed on her paws with her new family and looks very settled and content, as she deserves to. I am so relieved there is a happy ending for her. Yes, she is the sweetest dog, calm and gentle and Flo is the perfect new name for her. I hope you have many, many happy years together and also so glad she has your granddaughter to play with. She was very gentle with mine and adored their company. I will miss her so much but could not have imagined a better outcome and perfect new home for her, so many many thanks again.
Angela