Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Loss

Hello friends,
I wanted to ask how those of you who have lost a hound cope. As you may know Stanley was put to sleep last night and I haven't stopped crying yet. I know time will heal but I wondered if you had any thoughts that help you, any quotes and also how you remember your hounds. He is being ctemated and ive heard you can get glass with ashes through it
Thanking you in advance and thankyou Jimmy and Celia for bringing this beautiful gift in to my life . He was adored every second of his life with us, myself, Charlotte and Bonnie xx

Re: Loss

Hi Fiona.
We're so sorry that Stanley died. He was a greyhound with a great nature. You can get another dog, which helps, but he would be starting another story in your life and could never replace Stanley.
Time is the only healer but you can never ever forget him What to think about is the happy time that you gave him.. Many greyhounds never see that so thank you for taking him home.
R.I.P. dear Stanley, run free over the Bridge with your friends.
Jimmy and Celia.

So sorry for your loss, it's heart breaking when they go. I have lost four. I can honestly say the only thing that helps and stops me crying is to rescue another greyhound. I like to think the dog that's passed would want you to adopt again. It'll give you something to focus on and is a good way to honor your lost hound. Sending you big hugs.

Thankyou Jimmy,
He was a very special dog and he was loved so much. He still enjoyed his tea every morning and night and used those long eyelashes to flutter to get more.
When we're ready we will certainly consider adopting another hound. I feel if I tried just now I'd be looking for Stanley. But thankyou again for all the work you do and for giving me the most special friend of my life. Dear Bonnies suffering too missing her man but she's taken his space in my bed

Dear Ailsa,
Thankyou for your kind words and you're right Stanley would want that . I can't do it quite yet as I feel I'd just be looking for Stanley but I definitely will
Regards fiona