Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chris on Alejandro Escovedo tribute disc

Hey y'all.

If you don't already own the 2-disc Alejandro Escovedo tribute POR VIDA, go out and buy it RIGHT NOW. Why?

--The Chris Stamey Experience (with Mitch Easter on guitar, and Tift Merritt and Thad Cockrell on harmony) contribute a real nice track, "One True Love," which Chris co-wrote with Alejandro. Chris also produces a new recording by Alejandro.

--It's a stellar collection of talent and songs, regardless of your taste in music: Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Calexico, John Cale, Ian Hunter, Jon Langford, Cowboy Junkies, etc. etc. Quite honestly, it may be the most consistently excellent tribute collection i've ever heard, Alejandro's songs being so strong.

--Proceeds benefit Alejandro's medical expenses fund--and what better reason do you need.

Check it out, people! Thanks.

off topic

hey jack,
i know this is completely off topic but did you e-mail me?my email has been playing up so can't get on there... can you either reply on here or email my hotmail to let me know, thanks, btw thats why i havent replied....

luv kath x

Re: Chris on Alejandro Escovedo tribute disc

i did, and i will re-send to both accounts.

and now to get get back on topic, hey, everyone, stop reqading my personal messages and buy POR VIDA!!! :)

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View