Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Neat Site Detailing the 1980s NC Music Scene

Chris, guys,

Thanks for the heads up there. Those pages were painstakingly edited by a member of Sacred Irony, one Rick Reich. Rick is one fine and upstanding southern gentleman whom of which just so happened to be the keyboard player in Mitch's post -maybe during(?)- high school band Scared Irony. It was a pleasure getting to *know* Rick and whilst cobbling those pages together being able to find out about yet another facet of the whole rock thing you lot had going on down there in NC back in the swingin' 60s. You guys had one heck of a scene going on. Some excellent pics contained w/in those pages consisting of the band in various degrees of performance and relaxation and of Mitch and Faye as a couple, etc ...and the hearse.

I brazenly took it upon myself to put up a little dB's sub-site over there at Mitch World a bit before Jake did this keen job here. It's basically just what I had on hand, articles, scans of 45's sleeves and such.

One particular article being a fairly comprehensive one on the history of the North Carolina scene written by the inimitable scribe laureate, one Mssr Fred Mills. Article's entitled "A Mental(s) History Of The New Wave In North Carolina" and was done for totally rockin' Dixie Voice magazine back in 1987, here ya go --

http://www.mitchworldusa.net/hbs1.html

-- Peter, sorry for that first page pic, guy. Although that fro was indeed quite happening.

So, thanks for the link, Chris. Much appreciated. You guys have meant SO much to me over the past couple decades, thanks!

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Neat Site Detailing the 1980s NC Music Scene/also this

http://www.mitchworldusa.net/hisws1.html

"A Backward Glance...

...The History Of Winston-Salem Rock 1978-1988"

Fifteen pages, this article, consider yourself forwarned.

Mark

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View