Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

Despite a really light crowd this past tuesday evening, Chris, John and Anton really put on a FANTASTIC show at the Southgate House. Pros to the core, they propelled through an intimate set that was exciting and at times spellbinding. Of special note was Chris' guitar playing and tone, Jon and Chris' spot on vocals and Anton's semi-new (to me, being a long time Anton admirer) jazz approach to these rock arrangements.

The trio was tight and dynamically moved from a whisper to a scream with ease. For certain songs Bob Sutcliffe (Windbreakers/solo) joined the trio. The show is not to be missed.

Songs spanned the years. Want to Break Your Heart, If and When, Something Came Over Me and a flurry of brand new tunes amongst many others.

Anyway just wanted to post that.

MT

Re: Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

Yeah, the turnout was light but the band was great. Chris is an amazing guitarist and John and Anton are a superb rhythm section.

Also, the sound in the club was fantastic. I wish I had smuggled in a recorder!

A lot of people missed a fine show.

Re: Re: Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

By the way Bob, that amp you were using was fascinating!

Re: Re: Re: Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

Thanks - it's a Sound City Concord combo 2-12 amp I bought from Mitch Easter several years ago. It's quite loud and sounds a bit like a Hi-Watt.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

Sounded really good.

Re: Stamey/Cincinnati Show Report

Had I been in Cincy,I would've been there.I'm flying to the States early tomorrow morning (to nearby Louisville,Ky for 5 wonderful weeks).
Could you please let me know if you're playing there or any cities nearby during this time?
Also,where in Cincy was the show-it wasn't Bogart's,was it?
How I wish to meet you,Chris-you can't imagine!
Adrian
Drooling in Frydek-Mistek
CZ

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View