Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Holsapple & Stamey

I saw them do a six song set to promote Mavericks at HMV on Lex and 86th in NYC. The highlight was a cover of "Lord Of The Manor."

Re: Re: Re: Holsapple & Stamey

I remember seeing a couple shows both at Maxwell's and the Cat Club. I remember you guys had an amazing drummer who managed to play kit, shake a tambourine, and sing backup at the same time. Were there any live recordings made? I remember liking live version of "I Know You Will" over the studio version.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Holsapple & Stamey

Yeah, that was Alan Bezozi. Helluva drummer and good guy. He's played with Freedy, Syd Straw and TMBG, among others.

We did record some shows at the old Knitting Factory which we listened to a couple years ago and decided they were worth releasing. Chris did some cover art and notes. Then we got all sidetracked with other things, like working together again on new stuff. So we put the idea on the shelf for the time being. One day we will make it available, I promise. The stuff we played with Dave Schramm, Ilene Markell and Alan sounds really precise and sweet and enthusiastic. Alan particularly shone on "I Know You Will"; he drew on Michael Blair's percussion parts on the album but made the interpretation on kit drums all his own.

I wonder if the Cat Club show you saw was the RNA/Ben & Jerry's tour with Steve Wynn, Exene Cervenka and Gregson & Collister?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Holsapple & Stamey

I've been playing with Alan lately in a project and find him to be a great listener and someone who can get a lot out of the kit..
pete g

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View