Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Charlottesville

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

It's virtually a necessity that you guys trek through your old North Carolina stomping grounds--Chapel Hill? Winston? Charlotte?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

How about a vote for your old north of the Mason-Dixon stomping grounds then as well. NYC, Hoboken. I can think of a few folks up in New Haven, Providence and Boston too whom of which wouldn't mind seeing y'all.

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Well hell. If ya'll do Philly and Charlotte, you might as well do the NorVa in Norfolk. I'd be at that one, fer sure!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Thanks for all the good ideas. I think the band is going to get to work on a new record rather than hop in a van. We are indeed playing in Chicago this year, maybe a few other places, but our idea is more festivals and "special events" (like the outdoor festival we are playing in the Windy City).

Maybe next year, if there's a new record.

The Southgate House would certainly be nice eventually, a great room.

Maybe on a boat on the Hudson?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Chris.

My friends and I that were at your Southgate House show would certainly put the word out. I think the db's in that old mansion would be a truly great experience.

By the way, your show that night ranks as one of the best I've seen. You were truly gracious and professional that evening. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Is that Mike Tittel who used to drum for the Loud Family? Man, it's a cult heroes' clubhouse in here...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

An observant "old fan" indeed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates/A boat on the Hudson eh?

Hey, Chris!

I don't much care for boats, actually it's my stomach. But. I'd board that boat, skipper!

There's actually a Rock Cruises thing here in NYC. If yr serious maybe check into that as that would be a definite *event!* Heck, y'all could see both Manhattan and Hoboken cruising down the Hudson, eh?

Yr old pal Danny (Daddy O Grande) Amis and his Los Straitjackets men are doing another one this year that I'm thinking about stocking up on the Dramamine for.

Mark

Re: Tour Dates

Hudson River, yes yes yes!!!

Would the reunited band consider Canadian tour dates (specifically Vancouver on the west coast)? For that matter, did they even play anywhere in Canada in their first go-round?

Now in my mid-30s, I was young and still living in my hometown back then -- too small of a backwater berg to hear much live music. It's sleepy enough that Russell Crowe's surprise one-off there a few nights ago rated a national news story in Canada!

I didn't scroll through all the tour date info, but FYI, the Chicago show 9/17 has been switched to House of Blues.

How about the Fall Arts and Music Festival in Hoboken? I think it's always on a Sunday in September, outdoors on Washington Street.

I second Ed's suggestion! That's a very dB's-friendly festival. Just a sampling of acts in the past decade: NRBQ, Yo La Tengo, Patti Smith, the Rascals, Roger McGuinn, Ronnie Spector, Fleshtones, Willie Nile, Tom Tom Club, Freedy Johnston, Southside Johnny, Marshall Crenshaw, Peter Noone, John Sebastian, Tin Huey, etc. etc.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View