Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: girlfriend song

yeah.. idiot me... i wasn't even thinking about the recording date versus release date of paris avenue... essentially paris ave was recorded prior to peter joining r.e.m. for the green tour

(clearly spelled out in the biography on this website)

this still poses the question of "who was this song refering to?" which may be peter's business only, but then again, it's loud and clear on the song which would probably make many people wonder if it were fictional or not....

maybe i'm just over-analyzing...

either way it's a funny (as in clever) song....

Re: Re: Re: girlfriend song

I do believe that Peter has said in a previous discussion on this very forum that (1) yes, it was based on a real person and (2) no, he's not saying who.

Re: Louisville

Hey Farley,
I second Louisville,Ky for a dB'S gig. I was just there for a family visit last month(including the fabulous Abbey Road on the River festival at the Belvedere (were you there?).
I'll be back next April for 5 weeks,so that's when I hope the 'boys' would tour.
Gee,you fans Stateside are sooo lucky!
Louisville rules,
Adrian

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View