Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

I finally got my recording set up ready to get LPs moved to my computer. The first two albums I recorded were (of course) "Like this" and "Sound of Music" and the recordings came out very clean (as I hadn't played the LPs more than once or twice previously). I've had a coupla folks on here ask about getting copies once I got them on CD but wanted to know what the band's policies on this are.

Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

I would be interested in those albums on cd as well, but i would also buy them if they became officially available later anyway cause i'm old school and prefer original copies with the album art (and hopefully some fresh liner notes from the band). It makes for the "complete experience."

Re: Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

As I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong Peter), the guys were OK with copies being made of those two albums as long as you agreed to buy them if they are ever reissued commercially.

Re: Re: Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

Yes, that's correct, Jake. We, being honorable sorts here, anticipate a massive number of initial sales numbers when Like This and TSOM are reissued, accountable to all the lovely people who are getting burned copies now who pledged to buy 'em when they come out again!

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

Peter, I'll be first in line to get the reissues when/ if they come out again. To all that have written me, I'll get back to you ASAP.

BTW, who put out the reissues of these two CDs back in the early 90s? I have a friend who bought both of them as well as "Repercussion" back then but haven't seen these out on CD since.

re re re issues

Okay, well, TSOM has never been reissued on CD. It sits in the vaults of I.R.S. Records or whatever they call themselves now; nobody there seems even remotely aware of its existence, much less interested in putting it out. Bummer for all. Like This was reissued by Rhino in the early '90's with a couple extra tracks (Spy remix and Darby Hall, a b-side). There was some talk of it coming out yet again on Rhino Handmade in their limited edition reissues, but I have heard nothing from anyone on that either. The first two albums SFdB and Repercussion were reissued a couple years ago on Collectors' Choice. Nice package with extra songs, photos etc. You can probably still get RtWTT and Paris Ave. on eBay for next to nothing. That's where The dB's stand in the world of reissues. Hope that answers your question.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

Hey Pete-
Drop me a line sometime.
Wunderle

Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

The dB's don't have a big problem with people copying records or CDs. However, please don't turn this message board into a trading list! If you wish to trade, please do it directly via email, or start a newsgroup. Thanks...

Re: Re: What's the band's policy on trading home-made CDs?

No prob. In fact, it's because I've received a coupla e-mails (folks going through the proper channels) that I asked the question.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View