Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Record

Has anyone heard the new Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs album of covers? It is a pretty fun selection of 60's pop songs.

Re: New Record

It's been on pretty much constant rotation on my iPod for the last week.
I'm especially fond of the version of the Velvets' "Sunday Morning."
Brings me back to Susanna's etheral cover of "I'll Be Your Mirror," on the Rainy Day LP.

john micek

Re: Re: New Record

Ever get to hear Kendra Smith's Guild of Temporal Adventurers mini-album? Just the one cover (Can) but a similar atmosphere to the Rainy Day record only even more languid and ethereal.

Anyway, speaking of new records, any further news on the most eagerly awaited LP of 2006?

Phil

Re: Re: Re: New Record

Yes. The Sweet-Hoffs release is a thing of beauty. Especially fond of their take on "Who knows Where The Time Goes". Sounds like it could be a pop-crossover hit in these times. Not likely, but it should..

Yeah, new dB's record. Looking forward too. Still listen to "Brokenhearted" frequently. My single of the year from last year.

Another fine release I just picked up is by the band, Tres Chicas. Chris Stamey produced their first record. Their new record was produced by Neil Brockbank, who's produced Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins fine releases of the past years. Members of Nick's and Geraint's band play all over this record. Wonderful record called, "Bloom, Red and The Ordinary Girl". Maybe it just sounds too good in the springtime, but it's soul personified. Like minded dB's fans might appreciate it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Record

Yeah, you're right about the Tres Chicas record. There is a lot of beauty in that laser etching. Chris and I, just to keep you up to date, did some recording this week at his studio for both dB's and H/S projects, which is what I'd hoped for moving back down to the RTP area. It all sounds great, and now I'm back on the road with the Hooties for the summer so ideas will be exchanged via the miracle of digital technology for the next few months. Sorry it's been so long since I've been on the board, but the Holsapples are finally somewhat settled.

Best,
PH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Record

Right on Mr. Holsapple. Great to hear you guys laid down some tracks recently. Even better to hear you're settling into your new digs.
Good luck on the Hootie tour and can't wait to hear the new record(s!).
Peace.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View