Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Power-pop: pre vs. post 1978

I've noticed that too - and I'm curious to know what influence such artists as Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe might have had on the genre at the time.

Re: Re: Power-pop: pre vs. post 1978

I know what you mean, but I usually think of them as embodying more of a post-punk sensibility, although I think Nick Lowe straddles the two eras time-wise. If I'm not mistaken the dB's somewhere mention the early incarnation of the band with Peter on keyboard as being influenced by the Attractions.

Re: Re: Re: Power-pop: pre vs. post 1978

Yes - I had heard that too. Peter: Were these guys a musical influence for you at the time?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Power-pop: pre vs. post 1978

Well, probably more instrumentation-wise rather than songwriting. We certainly adored This Year's Model and all the Nick Lowe stuff, especially Rockpile.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View