Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: For those who like to cook

Also, here's Paul McCartney demonstrating his recipe for making mashed potatos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyEc-GNDfQ&search=mccartney%20mashed

Bobby

spamity spam, spamity spam!

Jack, I find slicing Spam into thin slices and frying in bacon grease until slightly crispy makes for a wonderful side dish to my famous Cheesy Eggs (scrambled eggs with lots of mozzarella cheese).

I call it the Cholesteral Kid special!

Cheers, Tim

Re: For those who like to cook

That actually sounds really good! (And faster to make than Macca's mashed.)

Re: Re: For those who like to cook

I was stunned in Honolulu to discover that the McDonalds chain sells Spam McMuffins and Big Breakfasts with Spam as the 'meat'. It may have cured me from breakfast at the arches forever....

Re: Re: Re: For those who like to cook

Aw Peter, you're really missing out on a treat! Sure, the whole concept of Spam is a little scary, but as I learned on Boy Scout camping trips, it's surprisingly tasty fried!

Grins, Tim

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who like to cook

It IS great fried. I also wondered how grilling might work.

Re: Re: Re: For those who like to cook

The whole story about how spam came to prominence in the islands is fascinating.
During World War II it was the only meat product avaialble, and, because it was tinned, it didn't go bad in the tropical heat. It's since become a staple of the Hawaiian diet.
My wife and I learned all about it when we went on our honeymoon on the Big Island in 2002.

John Micek

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who like to cook

I guess the great thing about this thread is: if any of us get gas from spam, we can go to Michelle for Beano.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View