Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
possible origin of old dB's demo....?

After seeing Peter's new photo on his myspace page (a vintage one indeed), i must ask, what color is that yard care utensil you're holding in your hand; i mean, could this be the long lost origin of the instrumental demo from "Ride the Wild Tom Tom"?!

Re: possible origin of old dB's demo....?

Ah, the hose, the hose.... I cannot say for certain, but I think that everything was black and white in those days. Some baby pictures evoke random memories (the taste of the teething ring, the texture of my grandmother's hand, the sea air) but not this one.

Purple Hose, by-the-bye, apart from the obvious Hendrix homage, was named by Chris as another PH title for our instrumentals. I always thought it'd sound good as a gum commerical, especially the bridge.

Re: Re: possible origin of old dB's demo....?

Thanks for the background info on the song, as well as the vivid words regarding childhood memories. It's a favorite of mine, and i'll now forever be constructing story boards for gun commercials in my mind, every time that i hear it.

My "Tom Tom" story...i was visiting an old friend and his family in Virginia for a long weekend. Saturday afternoon we headed out to some local record stores to troll around. Although i knew that the band had broken up, and i had all the released cds up to that point, i still, just out of stubbornness would always check through the dB's section (still in the denial stage i suppose). i had no advance knowledge of this release, and when i first glimpsed the unfamiliar cover, i was thinking the old "some other band's disc got shuffled into the db'S section" deal, but thankfully i looked more closely, and to my amazement saw that it was in fact a dB's disc. The endorphins began pumping immediately! And once i flipped it over and saw the number of tracks involved, as well as some familiar titles, i just about fell over. In terms of "unexpected finds" and ensuing (if not instant)excitement, the "Tom Tom" experience remains #1 to this day. And the expressions on the faces of my friend and his family (and probably mine as well) when "Purple Hose" came on, were priceless. Perhaps the most "fun" of any of the dB's songs.

Re: above post should read g-u-M commercials vice gun

spelling correction

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View