Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
The passing era

Wow. That's some sad news. I spent a lot of my time in the Record Exchange up on Knollwood St. when I would visit Winston-Salem. Found all kinds of cool stuff there, thanks to Ed and to Dale Smith (former Sacred Irony vocalist).

This also comes right after the death of Jeanne Reznick who, with her husband Joe and their kids, ran Reznick's Records. That was my first job, and it was a hell of a place for a teenage boy to be working in Winston-Salem at the time. Mrs. Reznick was a great boss, and even before I started working there, I spent a lot of time in the listening booth. It was there I was turned on to Captain Beefheart and Judee Sill. Whatever desire I had to know about music was certainly stoked there.

There are few things in this life that give me more solace than flipping through bins of records or cds, but now I don't know where to shop for music in Winston-Salem. There's always Borders, but it's sure not the same. Plus it sits on the very real estate in Thruway Shopping Center where my beloved Reznick's used to be.

Thank you Record Exchange and Reznick's (where it's been Reznick's for records for years, their old motto).

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View