Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A shout out to Peter + dB's questions

Questions, first: Any chance that Sound of Music will be rereleased any time soon? Also, aside from Ride the Wild Tomtom and Paris Avenue, are there any unreleased dB's tracks or demos in the proverbial vaults? Also, what of the new album? I look forward to hearing it. Although I have been a dB's fan for several years now (and I have semi-regularly visited this site), I apologize if these are super obvious questions, the answers to which every dB's fan should know.

How's it going, Peter? Appropos of nothing, I will soon be going back to visit NOLA for the first time since last October, as I've been missing it desperately. Hope you're doing well, friend.
--Jim

Re: A shout out to Peter + dB's questions

Hi Jim

Sorry it took so long to respond, and we miss you guys too. (James called us out of the blue the other day, we may get a visitation!)

OK, no news on a rerelease of TSOM, unfortunately. Still residing in I.R.S. limbo, wherever that may be. Wish hard, maybe it'll come to pass in our lifetimes.

The vaults are pretty well plumbed by now. There are a few assorted odds and ends, probably not enough for an album and probably not really good songs. I can remember a whole six song demo session that is unreleased, right after Eric Peterson joined the band; it was recorded at Coyote Studio in Brooklyn. None of those songs have ever seen the light of day, although I still perform "The Second Time Around" when I do marathon solo shows.

What indeed of the new album? It's beginning to sound like a lame excuse, but it really is difficult to schedule time that the four of us can be in the same place for any length of time. Songs are still being written, and it will happen when it happens. I wish I could be more precise, but I simply can't.

New Orleans is coming along, it would appear, thanks to the resourcefulness of its remaining citizens. I hope you have a good visit; I understand missing it every day. There's no place on earth like it.

Love,
Peter

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View