Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13

Man! Now that's a show!!
And how far a drive is it from Chapel Hill to NYC.....

Larry

Re: Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13

Larry ... I got a divan w/YOUR nmae on it, bro!!!

Man, I'm gonna EXPLODE!!!!

Just updating the Mitch World site and Let's Active Myspace page ...this is unreal, man. Thanks for spreading the word.

Mark

Re: Re: Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13

Hey Marky & Larry...

Do you have any idea how much I wish I could make this gig? Wow... the dBs and Mitch Easter on the same bill... that's poptastic!!

Pat x

Re: Re: Re: Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13

Is it me or are tickets not available yet?

Neither the Bowery Ballroom or Ticketweb have the listing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13

That's pretty much what I found. As soon as tickets ARE available, I'm in...

Cheers, Tim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dB's at Bowery Ballroom Jan. 13 / Will Discreet Audience Taping Be Permitted

I'm planning on attending the Bowery Show, and would like to record the show--obviously for non-commercial purposes (free share!), and without disturbing the other audience members. Basically, the idea is to archive the concert for historical and enjoyment purposes.
I recorded Chris in February (Tonic), and someone posted a link on this board to the bit torrent download. There didn't seem to be any objection then.

Ultimately, its the goal of the tapers to expose more fans to the music and encourage support, both financially and interest-wise.
Is this something the dB's might consider allowing?

These days its a pretty common position for bands to take:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taper_friendly
http://btat.wagnerone.com/ ("bands that allow taping")

Thanks for the consideration,
danlynch

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View