Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Later With Jools Holland (For Peter)

Hi Peter:
Was just sitting home this afternoon paging through Comcast's on-demand music service when I came across an installment of "Later ..." from1996 that featured performances by Les Blowfish, The Manic Street Preachers, Ben Folds Five and Pete Townshend.
Sadly, the half-hour version did not include yours and Hootie's performance. So I can't say what tunes you played.
But just wondering if anything about the show stands out for you? Did you get a chance to chat with Townshend? Is Holland as disarming in person as he is on tape? With Ben Folds being an N.C. guy, had you been previously acquainted with him?

Just wondering, and, of course, Happy Holidays to la famiglia Holsapple.

john micek.

Re: Later With Jools Holland (For Peter)

Hi, I can barely recall what we did on the Jools show. No, we were ushered around backstage and didn't get to meet anyone. Mark Bryan did speak with Townshend, but the rest of us were kept pretty much under cover. I do recall that there was some problem for the Manics, that their bassist was not around (this, as well as the disappearance of Nicky Wire) so they borrowed Pete's bassist. Also, Maxwell was on the show and Wah-wah Watson was playing guitar for him, very impressive. I've still never met Ben Folds, fellow RJR grad, but Chris tells me he's a very nice guy.

Re: Re: Later With Jools Holland (For Peter)

>I've still never met Ben Folds, fellow RJR grad, but Chris tells me he's a very nice guy.

All of us RJR folks are good people.

Re: Re: Later With Jools Holland (For Peter)

It was Richey Edwards who disappeared from the Manics, Nicky Wire is the bass player who had a back problem that prevented him from playing on that edition of Later.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View