Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Comboland

Wow! Thanks for posting. Some interesting bands on that clip, in addition to the boys and Arrogance. Must be something in the water down there in NC...

Interesting also to see Dixon WITH hair, and withOUT a turban.

They missed Control Group and The Snap. Other than that, I saw nearly every one of those bands in the Raleigh area during the early 1980's . . . before kids

Great point about Dixon with hair...there are some pretty cool videos from "Comboland" on YouTube. Funny, I just found those yesterday, before reading this post. There's a good one of just Arrogance performing too. That compilation video is pretty amazing. And that's a great clip of the dB's. Hmm, I was born way too late...why did I have to miss all of that amazing stuff?!?

that' dB's clip was shot by tony madejczyk (former spectator and current independent music critic) and film maker steve boyle. they shot a lot of footage in the early 80's. tony continued to shoot some into the late 80s (shot the hanks and arrogance's robert kirkland a time or two). saw tony at the cradle show tonight, but not with a camera. there was a film crew there though, the guys working on the nc rock history documentary. according to the notes on that comboland page, there's apparently not much more from that pier show. that's a pity. not sure how much stamey era footage there really is out there anymore other than the old grey whistle test or whatever that brit show was.

UPS & DOWNS was shot by me. Sadly, Tony Madejczyk was not there that night in 1981. Tony helped during editing and so was listed as Associate Producer. This was an adhoc shoot. I was lucky to have anything. As for the raw footage, that seems to be missing in action. I still have many, many hours of raw footage from all of the videos I shot during that era, so I hope it is hidden on a tape somewhere. It does happen. But, as Mel Brooks once said, "hope for the best, expect the worst." On a happier note. The dB's were kind enough to let me shoot some HD video of the Cradle show. That footage looks wonderful and is safe and sound.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View