Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

I also got a copy of one of the setlists (from stage left just off from Chris--the girl beside me got the lyrics to Tomorrow Never Knows--or should I say Chris's cheat sheet?). Same songs done as on the list except the order varied during the encores.

Re: Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

also in the crowd: Sally Spring (who got a shout out from the stage), Ted Lyons, and Tim Lee.

I am sure there were more musicians in attendance.

I think I saw the female singer from the 80's NC band 3 Hits who I met at the Benefit for Alejandro Escovedo benefit 4 or 5 years ago but I did not get a chance to confirm because the fellow I rode with was ready to leave as soon as the last note was played

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

that was sheila valentine from 3 hits. she was next to me on the riser in front of the film guys. i'm jeff from brown mtn. lights/hanks/ruins. tons o' musicians there, i agree. dave from southern culture was sitting up there too. maybe half the house was musicians from what i could tell. speaking of the house, the newly elected speaker of the nc house, joe hackney, was there.

sally's great. saw her play a songwriter's night in raleigh with peter, mike connell, greg humprhies and ted.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

Yes Sally is great. My intro to her was the Songwriter's Showcase at the Pour House.

Re: Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

The irony of the "cheat sheet" was that I forgot to put the two pages in position beforehand until the last second, and my scramble to do so was unsuccessful, so I had to mostly rely on my memory of the lyric after all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cat's Cradle Show

You pulled it off. Thanks for the magical show. And for all the great music over the years. Please keep recording ... and playing live!

Re: Cat's Cradle Show

I was happy with "Love is for Lovers" and "Amplifier". Everything else was gravy. I also especially liked the cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows". Very nicely done.

Re: Cat's Cradle Show

The horn section was Lisa Lachot on sax and Corey Sims on trumpet.

Man what a great night!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View