Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mavericks

Thanks John, also please note that, unless it's been corrected at some point, there is a wonderful typo on the label which lists the song as "Haven't Got the Right to Treat McWrong" (new treat at McDonalds' no doubt.)

Glad you like that album. We appreciate it.

Re: Re: Mavericks

I'll have to second that emotion. On most days, "Mavericks" is probably my favorite record of all time. Not in a obsessive dB's fan kind of way. It just moves me every time I hear it. I still don't know why this album doesn't even scan on most people's pop music radar?

It's completely brilliant and I look forward to hearing another duet record from Peter and Chris along with the highly anticipated new dB's record. I also heard rumblings a while back about a live recording from the "Mavericks" tour. Hopefully that will see the light of day. Saw the "Mavericks" tour at the ill-fated Mississippi nights years ago. Great band and show!

Peace.
Spencer

Re: Re: Mavericks

I'll be darned! It DOES say Mc Wrong! The sound quality is excellent on it. My wife bought me for Christmas one of these new combo LP player/CD recorder/tuner/speaker things. They are cheap, and the sound from the speakers is nothing to brag about. But they transfer LP to CD pretty well. We use it as a secondary music player so that's why I bought the UK import album. Of course it's cool to have it on vinyl. The irony being you had so much trouble getting the dB'S albums on CD, and now the first Holsapple/Stamey music I ever bought on CD, I now have on vinyl! Peace, John in Mississippi

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View