Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I give up - chords/tabs???

I've tried everything I can do, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to play Love is for Lovers. Can somebody help?

Re: I give up - chords/tabs???

I have work to do, and being a procrastinator supreme I look through past threads and find this to occupy my time...

A quick overview (from memory, I'm at work w/out a guitar around)

Love Is For Lovers:

make F barre chord at first fret, strum and slide same fingering up to G at third fret... figure out the rhythm on your own...

(by the way, you've just learned the basics to start several great Kinks, Who, Beatles, Stones, Monkees, Creation, MC5, Pretenders and Ramones songs...)

1) F - G, when it changes, the "one was a number" part, that's C - G

2) "do you believe this/love is forever..."
C - F - D minor - B flat

3) "do you believe this/do you believe this"
A minor - D (w/ G flat bass note)

"looooooove/looooove"
F-G

4) "Love Is For Lovers"
E minor - F - G

(the little riff in the chorus is an a pull off thing on the G (3rd) string, on frets - 0-2-0-5-0-9-0-7-0-4)

the turnaround after the chorus is 3 above

then the solo modulates up to G, but it is the same as the verses just played starting in G - A

then back to 2

and a variation on the chorus (4)

A brilliant song, a still should be hit.

I wish Rascal Flats or someone would cover it and Peter could buy his own island.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View