Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amplifier and Danny Amis

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked already or happens to be a thorn in someone's side...

Is Holsapple's "Dan" in Amplifier referring to Daddy-O-Grande or not?

I read this in an Amazon (us) comment about the Raybeat lp, and find it really hard to swallow.

Thanks.

Re: Amplifier and Danny Amis

Could be, I guess, but last I heard, that Danny was still alive!

Cheers, Tim

Re: Re: Amplifier and Danny Amis

Yes, Danny Amis' name was the basis for changing the lyrics from 'Johnny went home and killed himself last night' which is how the song started life. We knew Danny from his Minneapolis band, the Overtones ("Red Checker Wagon" was a fave 45 of ours). So, even though he's not dead, we decided to immortalize Danny in the song. Take a bow, Danny Amis.

Re: Re: Re: Amplifier and Danny Amis

Pete:

Thanks for clearing this one up...now I've got a great story tell all my pals back here in Minneapolis.

Thank you,
Dave

PS: I was listening to 'Calhoun Surf' as I was driving around it this morning on the way to work. Sheer coincidence, but I swear it sounded better that way.

Overtones - I'll have to see if I can find that one!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View