Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message From a 5 Year Old Fan

Hello,

I was driving with my 5 year old son Will yesterday, playing Mavericks through my iPod. When "Anymore" came on Will asked "Who made this music?" "It's Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey" I replied, "Do you like it?" "Yes!" he said, "We should write them a letter and tell them they make great music!"

Whenever Will really likes something he wants to write a letter to let the artist know how much he enjoys their work. This only happens with a very few select artists. He last wrote a letter to Estonian composer Eduard Tubin (this was much more difficult for me to deliver since Tubin died in 1982), so you are in very good company.

He later asked me if Holsapple and Stamey made any other records. I gave him a short history of the dB's and explained that their was only one Holsapple-Stamey album. "When we write them, we should tell them to make another one." He will be very pleased to learn that another Holsapple-Stamey album is in the works.

So here is the letter:

Dear Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey,

You make great music!

Will

P.S. You should make another album.

Anyway, thought you might be interested to know that you are cultivating a new generation of fans.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View