Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taping Yo La Tengo show, will dB's Allow it?

All of the Yo La Tengo holiday shows are being recorded by fans (for free trade and share) with venue and band approval. I'm one of the two guy "assigned" to Thursday, which also happens to the be the night the dBs are opening.

I've recorded 100's of show over the years, but the one time I was stopped (forcibly by security) was at the dBs show in January. I learned later that a band member did not want any recording done.

Is this still the case? Will the band object to being recorded by fans at the Maxwell's show. If so, obviously those wishes will be honored. Some official replied is respectfully requested.

Regards
nyctaper dot com

Re: Taping Yo La Tengo show, will dB's Allow it?

As the band members don't check the message board every day, we did not see your post before the show. Sorry.

Re: Re: Taping Yo La Tengo show, will dB's Allow it?

Thanks for replying Peter. Obviously you guys had a show to worry about. And what a show, thanks!
I only recorded the YLT set.

Re: Re: Re: Taping Yo La Tengo show, will dB's Allow it?

and thank you for not taping during our portion of the show... as was pointed out to me by our drummer, musicians have largely lost the battle of not being taped during their shows by someone; but we totally appreciate you asking permission. Your operation is very cool and extremely professional.

Peter

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View