Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So...

...how was the Thursday show, for those of us stuck in the snowy midwest and elsewhere? Any reports from the field?

Re: So...

Well, I had fun. We beat the odds with the Maxwell's monitor system, so I still have a voice for tonight.

Our set list was:
We Were Happy There
Soul Kiss
You Got It Wrong (request from Yo La Tengo)
The Fight
Home for the Holidays
Love is for Lovers
Christmas Time (sung as Hanukkah Time)
Big Brown Eyes
World to Cry
Excitement
Dynamite
Amplifier (with me on piano)
I Thought (You Wanted to Know)

encores were Cycles Per Second and Neverland

I guess that the audience members who would ordinarily respond to this are either still sleeping it off or are so utterly dazed by our performance that they can't put fingers to keyboard! (Probably the former.)

Re: Re: So...

Well, I really loved it. I don't know if I ever saw The Fight live before, and that's always been a fave.
Peter played keys on a song or two early in the set, not just on Amplifier. Everybody seemed to be having a real cool time. I was hoping they might revisit Chris' great cover of I Am The Cosmos that he did at the Hoboken Arts Festival in September, but I figured it wasn't likely. I was wondering why Peter was the only one who didn't perform with Yo La Tengo, and YLT's website just says he had to go home. But it was a marvelous night all around.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View