Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Southpaw, 7 Dec 07

Here's the set list for the very enjoyable show tonight at Southpaw. I couldn't place one Stamey song....

We Were Happy There
Cycles Per Second
Soul Kiss
The Fight
Dynamite
Home for the Holidays
Love Is for Lovers
unknown Stamey song
Christmas Time
World to Cry
Ask for Jill
Big Brown Eyes
Excitement
Amplifier
(I Thought) You Wanted to Know
encore:
Lonely Is As Lonely Does
You Got It Wrong
Neverland

I especially liked the funked-up version of "Amplifier" and the Peter-Chris guitar interaction on "Excitement."

Re: Southpaw, 7 Dec 07

I am so pissed.

I bought 2 tickets for Southpaw and we missed the show because of over 4 hours of traffic.

From my house to Hartford CT, it's 20 min.

It took us 2 hours. We missed the train to NYC.

I can;t believe I missed my favorite group.

At least I bought 2 tickets so they can have my cash.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Shawn

Re: Southpaw, 7 Dec 07

"Ash" was the Stamey tune. Apparently "Happenstance" was an option as last song (from CS songlist) but PHolsapple broke a string during "Neverland." Excellent show. I'm a longtime fan who hadn't seen the band previously. Seeing the original lineup was a distinct pleasure. Rock 'n Roll in the spirit of Rockpile and pubrock but throw in the American pop sensibility. No surprise tshirt relative, Will R had as PH put it "Elvis on his chest."

Holsapple's voice was strong. Both he and Chris did a fine job trading off vocals and guitar parts. Chris' voice was not as clear at times but not to any detriment. Outstanding rhythm work by Will R and Gene "The Quiet One" Holder.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View