Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

I'll second that emotion. "Pat's Power Pop Hour(s)" is a great show on KOPN in Columbia, MO. As a former DJ on KOPN ("Sound of Music w/ Spencer" named after a certain record), I was hip to Pat's show every Friday.

I think they are now streaming online so check it out!

Re: Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

KOPN! What a great station, I listened to them all the time when I lived in the Columbia area during the late 70s. Wow, I wonder if I ever heard Spencer on the air...
Now living in St. Louis, where we have another excellent community station, KDHX.

Re: Re: Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

My radio show aired from 2002-2005 or so. It was a 10PM to midnight spot on Thursdays. The first song I ever played was "Rednecks" by Randy Newman (into "Birmingham" and "Marie" because I didn't know how to stop the CD player). Pretty funny, as my first call was a lady saying, "What happened to Randy? I was really enjoying that." I played lots of dB's, C. Drifters, "Mavericks" and a bunch of Stamey's, "Travels In The South" - my album of the year when it came out. Truly, a labor of love that show was.

I'm also in St. Louis now. KDHX is truly a treasure here. Maybe I'll try and get a radio show here - it's alot of planning and commitment though.

But it's still "over the air" free radio outside of yearly donations. With satellite, internet and tons of other options, I still believe in a 2 hour show coming through an old radio. HD radio is coming to KDHX too.

Long live radio - and the great records that need to be heard!!

What can I say except... small world.

Re: Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

Yes indeed...small...
Spencer, I now know that your name seemed familiar from your music as well as from seeing your reviews on Amazon etc. We were at the recent Bottle Rockets show at Off Broadway, perhaps you were there if not otherwise occupied.
Tonight it's the Skeletons (aka the Morells) at Lucas School House, if my Extremely Sweet Wife has the energy to make it there. We're long time fans--met them at a house concert just a few weeks ago, what a great bunch of guys!

Probably not much chance of the dB's making it out this way soon, but Peter or Chris (or both) would sure sound fine at one of these things: www.woodhouseconcerts.com

Re: Re: Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

The world's getting smaller every minute.

Yes, I plan on being at the Skeleton's show tonight in St. Louis. And, I was at that house concert with the Skeletons last month. I'll look for you tonight.

You're the one with all the tattoo's, right? :-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Christmas Time Again on Pat's Power Pop Hour

Well, we had a great time at the Skeletons show. Spencer was delayed because he went to the Rams game (he must be one tough sonofagun, or a masochist) and we missed connections at the end so still haven't met. Next time!

Here's Pat's playlist for Dec. 21:

Hosted By: Pat Keenan
Artist Song Recording
1 The Ramones I Believe in Miracles Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits
2 The dB's Christmas Time Christmas Time Again
3 The Meat Puppets Lookin' At The Rain Huevos
4 The dB's Home For tthe Holidays Christmas Time Again
5 Peter Schilling Major Tom Coming Home Best Of '80s Pop
6 Marshall Crenshaw It's Going To Be A Lonely Christmas Christmas Time Again
7 Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy Best Of '80s Pop
8 Big Star Jesus Christ Christmas Time Again
9 The Condors Waiting Half The Night Wait For It
10 The Db's Holiday Spirit Christmas Time Again
11 Mechant Go Your Own Way Fate And The Arsenal
12 Thad Cockrell And The Roman Candle Christmas Time Is Here Christmas Time Again
13 Modern English Melt With You After The Snow
14 Ted Lyons The Only Law That Santa Claus Understood Christmas Time Again
15 Dramarama Anything, Anything Cinéma Vérité
16 Don Dixon I Saw three ships Christmas Time Again
17 The Dead Milkmen The Puking Song Smokin' Banana Peels
18 Wes Lachot Christmas Is The Only Time Christmas Time Again
19 The Circle Jerks I Wanna Destroy You Oddities, Abnormalities and Curiosities
20 Keegan Dewitt And The Sparrows Christmas Light Christmas Time Again
21 The Meat Puppets Paradise Huevos
22 Ted Lyons Santas Moonlight Sleighride Christmas Time Again
23 The Buzzcocks Why Can't I Touch It? Singles Going Steady
24 Cathy Harrington Sha La La Christmas Time Again
25 Deee-Lite Groove IS in the Heart The Very Best of Deee-Lite
26 Alex Chilton The Christmas Song Christmas Time Again
27 Missing Persons Destination Unknown The Best Of Missing Persons
28 Don Dixon Christmas is Saturday Christmas Time Again
29 The Janglemen Vacation from Love Tearjerker
30 The dB's Feliz Navidad Christmas Time Again
31 Hall & Oates Rich Girl Bigger Than Both Of Us
32 Chris Stamey & Kathy Harrington You're What I Want for Christmas Christmas Time Again
33 The Donnas Better Off Dancing Bitchin'

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View