Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new blog space

Hi everyone

If you're interested, I'm moving my myspace blog to a blogspot. Here's the address:

http://halfpearblog.blogspot.com/

Watch my life crawl by like tarnish on silverware! Read all about it!

Happy New Year, and yes, we're going to try to get the new album finished soon.

Best,
Peter

Re: new blog space

Thanks Peter-I really enjoyed reading your blogs.I know exactly what you're talking about those Golden Beatles songbooks.I managed to eventually collect them all during the 90s(pretty cheap,too).I always wondered why the songs weren't in the same key as they were on the records.
Let's see in Dec.1965(when that pic of your first band was taken),I was all of eight months old.I believe the current Beatles single at that time was "We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper".I'm guessing that Christmas you got the Rubber Soul l.p.,no?
Btw,were you a Monkees fan?If so,could you name your some of your fave songs by them? Also since we're on the subject,did you ever buy into the Beatles vs. The Dave Clark Five debacle?
Feeling nostalgic myself,
Adrian

Re: Re: new blog space

Just a guess, but as someone about your age, I'm guessing that you got 45's back in 1965 instead of albums. (I still have all those Beatles 45's in the picture sleeves that were purchased for 79 cents at Rose's.

Oh,man!
Those Capitol picture-sleeve 45's were so fun to collect.I'm proud to say I've got most of them,though I started collecting them in the early 80's(but not for 79 cents;more like within the $10-$25 range).
Btw,did your Lady Madonna 45 come with the Official Beatles Fan Club form?
One 45 sleeve I don't have is Can't Buy Me Love(same shot as the I Want to Hold Your Hand sleeve but for around several hundred dollars,due to its scarcity).
Also,do you remember the six-pack dB'S 45's that were sold? Now those are some sweet picture-sleeves.
Gotta love picture-sleeves(especially with those non-lp b-sides)!
Adrian

my Lady Madonna was merely pic sleeve on both sides--no fan club application

afraid I don't have the Can't Buy Me Love

that was one album I did get when I was 9 or 10 (the A Hard Days Night Soundtrack along with Meet the Beatles which was a Christmas present)

Hold on to your AHDN soundtrack-according to a guide I saw years ago,stereo copies(in ex-mint cond)go for a lot of money these days.Probably one reason is that back then mono was the standard choice for the majority.Man,to have been a kid back then during that golden age of R'n'R!By the time I was old enough,the "party" had long ended,though the new one('77) was just on the horizon.Ah,those dark,heady days of yore...

Alas, my copy of AHDN was mono...which is all I had to play it on back then anyway.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View