Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David Enloe

That almost looks like Beatle Bob on the Neverland video.

I remember David from Marti/Dixon's Bottomline shows in NYC but never knew about the Fabulous Knobs. Great band.

Many thanks for posting these. I bet I saw the Fabulous Knobs/Woods a dozen times and was never disappointed. I even have the Woods LP somewhere around here. That was a magical time for music here in the Triangle. Rolling Stone magazine labeled the Woods the 'best unsigned band in America' one year back in the '80s. David Enloe's combination of sound and style will be missed. Rest in peace, man.

Re: David Enloe/Beatle Bob query

Dirk,
I met Beatle Bob only once and that was at The dB's very first reunion gig in Chicago in 2005.Apparently he's somewhat of a legend in his own write(sic),as quite a few people I met knew/knows of him.
My questioin:who exactly is Beatle Bob? I know he's from St.Louis,that's all and that he's a huge Beatles fan.Did/does he play music.Is it fair to say he's the midwest's answer to Rodney Bingenheimer(who he reminds me of)?Please,please me and satiate my curiosity.
Thanks,
Adrian

Re: Re: Beatle Bob query

Beatle Bob's just a guy who dances at shows. Lots of shows.

There are worse things to be known for, but truth is, that's it for him.

Re: Re: Re: Beatle Bob query

A bunch of folks attend a lot of shows. He distracts from the shows he goes to by trying to make himself the show (through his style of dress, his haircut, his strange style of dancing--always right at the front of the stage)

Adrian,
This Youtube link, apparently a teaser for an upcoming documentary, should explain it all:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRs1RrnTQXk
I too saw Bob at the reunion show in Chicago; for years he's been coming to the International Steel Guitar Convention in St.L. to catch Joe Wright's sets.
Dirk

Re: Re: David Enloe

Beatle Bob...yes, he can be irritating if he's dancing nearby (although he has toned down the dangerous elbows in recent years). Some people don't like him for whatever reason. Having known him slightly for about 25 years, I think he's a harmless character who really is obsessed with music. Now he's actually promoting some shows at Lucas School House-the first one was Robbie Fulks and band, they kicked ass.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View