Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roger Bechirian Interview.

http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/index.php?p=1127&more=1&page=5
Apparently, he does not remember his experience fondly:

RTH: Do you have any memories of producing The dB's' "Judy" single? Were you planning on doing more work with them?

RB: I thought they were a pain in the ass, and they certainly didn't like me much. A little talent coupled with an grandiose ego. I wasn't asked to make the album!

Any rebuttal? That doesn't sound like you guys to me.

Re: Roger Bechirian Interview.

It actually doesn't sound like Roger to me, either. But I guess he was disappointed that he didn't get to do the record.

I will say that he finished producing the track without any vocal harmonies, and we went back and added them ourselves, as I recall--writing the parts on a trainride through the (Swedish?) countryside.

I think it was much better with the harmonies added.

(I still think he mixed the kick drum too loud.)

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View