Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holsapple / Stamey @ Off Broadway in St. Louis 2/1

For any of you out-of-towners who may be on the fence, allow me to add that Off Broadway is one of the finest venues we have here in St. Louis. Definitely the best sounding room in town, outstanding sight lines, and plenty of seats on it's floor and up in it's cool balcony. And best of all it's a smoke-free environment. I've also had the pleasure of performing at Off Broadway several times over the years, and from an artist's perspective everything about the club is top notch as well. And Steve the owner is one of those rare club owners who is not just in the game for the money, and the amount of respect and affection he shows the musicians who play his club is pretty remarkable. I hope the dBs will too play Off Broadway someday in the future.

And hey, don't forget that Peter & Chris will also be performing at Euclid Records (where I work in the mail order/online department) at 1pm on Sunday. Three Holsapple-Stamey shows in 48 hours! Yeah, we're feeling pretty darn lucky here in St. Louis right about now...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Peter and Chris will also be performing Sunday night, Feb. 1, at Off Broadway in St. Louis.

http://www.offbroadwaystl.com/

Re: Re: Holsapple / Stamey @ Off Broadway in St. Louis 2/1

I agree with Steve on Off Broadway - great club and there is actually adequate seating. I saw Steve's band open for Steve Wynn a while back. It should be only slightly less personal than seeing Peter and Chris in someone's living room.

And I wholeheartedly endorse Euclid Records as well. I'd made the mistake of not visiting since they'd moved from the CWE, went for the Steve Wynn instore, spent three hours there and nearly cleaned out my bank account.

Re: Re: Re: Holsapple / Stamey @ Off Broadway in St. Louis 2/1

Speaking of Euclid's old location in the Central West End of St. Louis, we had Peter & Chris in for an in-store back in the day when they were touring the Mavericks album. It was a beautiful summer day and the boys played a wonderful set outside on our sidewalk. It was by far the largest turnout we ever had for an in-store at the old store.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I agree with Steve on Off Broadway - great club and there is actually adequate seating. I saw Steve's band open for Steve Wynn a while back. It should be only slightly less personal than seeing Peter and Chris in someone's living room.

And I wholeheartedly endorse Euclid Records as well. I'd made the mistake of not visiting since they'd moved from the CWE, went for the Steve Wynn instore, spent three hours there and nearly cleaned out my bank account.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View