Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
World to Cry

Hey everybody. Phil here, just dropping by to say hi! Looking forward to the album release (aren't we all?) and am super excited because I just got the Picture Sleeve single yesterday from a store in Huntsville that had some RSD leftovers (and I got their last copy! whew!), but I can't listen yet because it's a birthday present. :)

Had a question about the song that is this post's title. Is it the same recording that was posted to this site way back when, or is it a new version? Just curious. It's my absolute favorite dB's song! I'm sure I'll love it even if it's been all changed up!

Anyways, have a good one everybody, and tell everybody else I said hi.

Re: World to Cry

Hey Phil,

Yeah, what a great song!

It is indeed the same version of "World to Cry" on the album as was posted in 2005, but it sounds AMAZING in full sound quality (as opposed to the low MP3 bitrate in which it was first posted).

I've posted more info about that and the other 21st Century dB's songs (some of which, like Picture Sleeve, won't be on the album) here:

http://dbs-repercussion.blogspot.com/2012/05/reunion-music-to-our-ears-pre-fots.html

Thanks for the info! I guess I wouldn't mind if they changed it, but it's good to know it's gonna be the same, since I already love it.

Update on this subject: in an interview with music writer Bill Kopp, Peter says the album mix of "World to Cry" is indeed slightly different than the original single mix. (All I can say is that Bill must have better ears and/or a better stereo than me!).

http://blog.billkopp.com/?p=807

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View