Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good places to eat in Durham?

Anyone who knows Durham: where's a good place to eat near Motorco Music Hall, where the deebs are playing this Sat.?

I ain't from around those parts...

And if anyone wants to meet up, give me a shout:

rdfield AT rocketmail DOT com

Re: Good places to eat in Durham?

Happy to oblige. First, Motorco tends to draw a handful of food trucks on show nights (pizza, burgers, Korean food, depending on night), if you're into that type thing. Plus, the Full Steam Brewery is directly across the street. A half block behind Motorco is Geer Street Garden, which has sandwiches, salads, decent bar, etc. There is not much table room inside, though they have a large outdoor seating area in back.

Bull City Burger and Brewery is about a 5-minute walk toward downtown (107 E. Parrish St). They use all fresh, local ingredients for their burgers (carne and vegetarian). Great burgers and beer. Inside and outside seating. Dos Perros, an eclectic American/Mexican joint, is nearby Bull City Burgers. Great food. Within a 5-minute walk are Rue Cler (French, kinda pricey) and Piedmont (hipster upscale). Both are satisfying.

The strip along west Main Street has numerous restaurants (and bars), and is always hopping on weekends. Pop's Trattoria has excellent food, a bit pricey. The Brightleaf District, also on west Main, has numerous restaurants (Mexican, Italian, Brazilian steakhouse, sushi). Alivia's is recommended.

Of note, the American Tobacco complex (maybe a 10-minute walk from Motorco) has lots of bars and restaurants (Tylers has approx 100 beers on tap, Cuban Revolution has good Cuban food, Mellow Mushroom has great pizza). However, this area will likely be packed, as the Durham Bulls (adjacent to complex) have a home game Saturday, plus West Side Story is playing at the nearby Durham Performing Arts Center. This is the hipster area of Durham, so it's crowded almost any night.

I recommend Googling any of these places, depending on your taste. Good luck!

Steve - VERY helpful; will be good info for any others with the same questions.

Best reply to a "where should I eat" question I've ever seen!
Gotta make it back to Durham soon...

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View