Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's here! It's here!

Aside from the Record Store Day 45, I haven't heard any of FOTS. Avoided the streaming etc so I can buy an actual CD at a real record store and have the fun of hearing it in it's entirety in CD quality on a great home system.
Call me old fashioned.
Maybe some J. Geils Band right now..."Just Can't Wait"...

I hope you manage to get a copy today, Tom. It's a fabulous album. It manages to sound exactly like everything you want from a dB's album without sounding like any of the albums that preceded it.

Like you, I'm old school and I'm now looking forward to receiving my vinyl edition so I can hear it properly.

Picked up the CD this AM at Euclid Rcords in Webster Groves, MO (St. Louis), on sale for $11.99. I knew they would have plenty of copies because most of the staff are big fans...Chris and Peter even played in the store during the hERE And nOW tour.
My first impressions certainly agree with you, Phil. Many reminders of the good 'ol days but with a fresh perspective and energy. Some of the lyrics hit me hard, which is unusual for a first listening. The vocals are just stunning, especially when Peter and Chris sing together. Couldn't help noticing the impeccable production throughout.
Many thanks to the band for all the work they have put into this project. I look forward to getting to know the new music by heart.

Would it be controversial to call it the best album the group have made?

Controversial? I don't think so. After only a couple of listens I do feel the overall quality of the album may be the best the band has ever achieved. The sheer ammount of work the guys put into this release may be responsible for the fact that here are no weak tracks at all.
I do wish "Picture Sleeve" was on the CD, love that song.

Bought FOTS from Landspeed Records in Canberra on Monday and have been sampling tracks ever since ~ My wife keeps saying "Who's that?, it sounds great!" every time I play the cd. I didn't know a new album was coming out and I am sure rapt to add it to my collection that includes the first three (vinyl) albums purchased upon original release. Thanks, it's great!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View