Return to Website

allthingsmusic

Although this site is for UK Musicians, Bands, Vocalists, Entertainers etc. The Forum is an open area for our International visitors or anything Music and Entertainment related....please enjoy.

allthingsmusic
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To all Entertainers registered with allthingsmusic..Attempted Fraud (please read)

I have also been approached with the same scam, he used the name Bruce White and had different church/reception address but otherwise the same. He sent me a fake Abbey National cheque for £4000 which is now with Abbey's fraud department.

Rgds
Andy

Re: To all Entertainers registered with allthingsmusic..Attempted Fraud (please read)

I have also had the same communication but using the name Bruce White email address bruhity@yahoo.co.uk. Wedding purportedly at Disley Baptist Church, Disley and reception at Ye Olde Vicarage, Cranage on 1 October. On checking with venue there appears to be at least three bands involved. I have also heard from a band based in Scotland who were "engaged" for this wedding.
I have also received a forged Abbey cheque and the matter is being looked into by the West Mercia police.

Country England

Re: Re: To all Entertainers registered with allthingsmusic..Attempted Fraud (please read)

I've had about six of these scam shaped enquiries recently for the same and different venues - see my other posting for details.

I wonder how many people are taken in and lose out?

Leigh....

Country UK