Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OMA

Ha Ha - Alex you joker

James: "Going to set up friendly sparring competition, no date set yet..."
Alex: "Sorry James, I can't make that date I'm washing my hair"

Where's the love bro ;)

Re: OMA SOCIAL

Hi Guys,

Sorry I couldnt make it for the film or to the last couple of training sessions, been work hard. Will be there this week though.

This msg is for James and Sarit, I asked ben about my pocket watch and he said he doesnt know anything about it. So if you guys could have a look and see if you have it, that would be marvelous.

Cheers, will

The karate guy would have been done for that because the pimp never actually touched him

Considering the fact that it's a pimp and has just ripped apart his shirt to get to him it was probably a good idea to stop him from getting closer.
Also we don't have the audio of what the pimp said to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6YFvKT1LY

We should all learn to do this :D

have been missing forum notifications so just rejoining and see if that works.

Love you guys.

Hello by the way

Hello

I will get straight to the point. As you may know that its mine, Leo and Helens birthday is coming up on the 29th and a group of us are going to Regents Park on the 30th (this saturday)for joint birthday picnic/drinks. We would like you to come.

meeting there at 12 noon

let me know

Benedict

Leo

Helen

please bring any of the following:
Frizbees
Picnics
Games
music
booze
women
and men

for friday:
Hey

So here is the plan.

Meet at the Blue Post in Soho at 6.30 (for people who work round there). Leave there for The Hen and Chickens at 7.30

Meet rest of people at The Hen and Chickens in at 8.00.

Sit down and laugh ourselves silly at 9.00

The Hen and Chickens
109 St Paul's Rd
London
N1 2NA
020 7704 2001

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&title=The%20Hen%20and%20Chickens&countryCode=GB&qs=N12NA

oh and if you didn't get the other email we are meeting at regents park at noon

my number is

Hey guys, Fred who went back to Sweden (some of you will remember he trained with us a little over xmas) has sent me a vid of his new idol! check it out its amazing...

More Outdoor >>

I will be sending out details for the comp this saturday for those who wanna come along and either watch or compete, speak soon, J

That's amazing acrobatics!

Competition Details!

Hey Guys here are the details for those who wanna come along to the competition, either to enter a friendly spar or support the crew and spectate.

Sat 13th June
9.30pm(weigh in)
4.00pm Semi contact Kickboxing/Jujitsu Finishes
5.30pm - You can stay on to watch the title fights of the full contact.

We will be going down in cars, Will and I have already volunteered and we can all just split the petrol. Comps are always very early starts, I see it a good way to test warrior spirit ;). The simplest way of doing this is meeting at the club and leaving at 7am Sharp. Please aim for a little earlier as we will have to go without you otherwise if your late.

Journey is just over 2 hours but dont want to be rushing for weigh in. I have put a map below (click view larger map link)

View Larger Map

Address is
Wolverhampton University
Walsall Campus, Gorway Road,
Walsall. West Midlands WS1 3BD

£5 for Spectators and £10 for Fighters

Give me a call anytime with questions (eg rules kit etc). The event we are entering is easy going so nothing to worry about, can bring your kit along and decide if you want to compete or be a spectator on the day, so I recommend anyone coming brings their kit, as im sure youll be wishing you could jump in when you get there!

Last thing, training this friday will be short and sweet and will finish early so we get some good rest. Try to be on time at 8 and will aim to finish up at 9.

Take care,
James

closes bandb to the comp place

Daldrada - more info »
40 Lichfield Rd, Walsall, West Midlands, WS4 2DH - 01922 628475

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=WS1%203BD%20bed%20and%20breakfast&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Okay well they were full but i found one just down the room for 35 pound twin and 40 pound twin with onsuit. They sounded like they had enough rooms for everyone

Arden Lodge Guest House - more info »
650 Bloxwich Road, Walsall, WS3 2BA - 01922 712 533

I love this

Very nice feel good factor :)

when in gods green earth is thoses martial videos of us going to be edited?

Tony and James' Birthday celebration this weekend...

Hi all, Tony and I are having a joint bday this weekend and would be happy if you fancied coming along. Details are not complete yet but just wanted to give notice early. We are aiming for saturday chill out in a park (maybe near my new house with sandra) but we will sort this out and try to get the details out tomo. Be good if some of you could make it, speak soon! J

PS sorry ben thought no one was after edit after i put out the full versions, all my spare time has gone into getting the house but will start on that again in a couple of weeks and finish it when all calms down. hope all is good out there!

I keep forgetting to check this &*% forum! But I wanted to post this link:

http://www.taijutsukai.co.uk/

There is a comp on the 15th November I think, and it's in Worcester.

Tony and James' Joint Bday continued...

Cheers for comp link Mike will talk to you about that next training sesh.

So to follow up bday details, we have decided to go ahead to the Ruislip Lido at 1pm this coming saturday. There is a nice bar by the lake where we can get a roast dinner and there is also grass and man-made beach for playing some frizbee and ball games. Fingers crossed on the weather, and in the evening we will probabaly head off for some ten pin bowling and pool, and feel to drop in and leave if and when you can make it.

I believe if you are not driving the best tube station is Ruislip on Metropolitan and Piccidilly lines and then a walk or bus ride from there. I have put a couple of pics and a map on a hidden page on my other website:

http://www.jamesdfleming.com/lido_43.html

Look forward to seeing whoever can make it, and partners etc welcome (just let know so we have an idea of numbers).

See you soon! James and Tony

Yeaaa - sounds good - I'll be dropping down :D

Park first?

I'm missing training...

I was close to do the same that the guy in the video -as I was gonna be the coolest girl-, but I'll have to work a bit hard to catch up with him now.

Just watching some vids of our fights and was really missing it. I went to gymnastics for the first time and it was great fun and one hell of a work out. I have never ached that much for a whole 5 days. I did the old nearly throwing up trick.

I did a back flip tony buuut it was on like a wedge shape pad so it was kinda cheating. It really is a lot easier than the front one.

I think I will need to go to physiotherapy for my hip I can still feel the **** thing sometimes.

I have like zero time for the next month or so it looks like I won't have time to do any fighting or jumping around for a while. I went on set for Sucker Punch but am so busy that someone else had to go in my place the last few times.

anywho peace out mo fo's

p.s. ski season just started here so i think i will spend any spare time i do have snowboarding.

Good to see you're alive and well Ben :D

Sounds like you're being worked like a cheap sex slave :P Haha, I kid. Hope you're enjoying what you're doing though.

I expect presents when you eventually return!
I think you'll be happy to know that I've been calling clapping push-ups in your absence, hehe.

Snowboarding sounds cool, get some snaps of that =]

oooo new website. Very Nice. I want to see a new vid of how you guys have got on. I am going to take my OMA badge with me on the mountains and get some more around the world pics. I really need a couple more badges to attached to bags etc..

Hey Ben, its still a work in progress but glad you like it! As for the comp vid promise I havent forgotten, have a list of more urgent things waiting in line before it thats all. If you email me your home address by using the email address on here I can get some extra badges out to you. For anyone interested they are £2.50 each and should go on any plain black clothes bags etc. Hope your still having fun out there and look forward to the new photos, J

Hey guys

Just wanted to say I miss you and I look forward to a time when I actually make it to training. Maybe I'll get to see you over the festive period.

SG

yeah would be nice to have a festive get together or night out? I am away from training until after christmas now with one thing or another so hopefully we can arrange something sometime?

I have been so slack for a long time, sorry.

or maybe for new year, I might be having a fancy dress house party at mine for new year so if anyone is interested let me know. Details to follow.

Remember we went to that Seni Expo? Well I don't think I ever posted the vid of the dudes flash kicking. Well here it is )I just completely forgot i uploaded it)

Excellent thanks for that Ben, was amazing on the day. This message is to also signup and invite new member Qasim to the forum. Welcome Qash!

And this message is to also sign up new member, Ben F! Welcome Ben!

Merry christmas boys & girls!

Hope everyone is well.
I'm living in Innsbruck now and started training at a small underground mma gym.
Looks good so far and feels good to be training again.
Here's a small video of them:

take care guys
Peter

Merry Christmas everyone

I hope you're enjoying the festive season. If anyone wants to meet up in town for drinkipoos let me know

SG

Hi Everyone,

James has just called me to say that he's unexpectedly having to rush off to take care of some family matters this weekend, so unfortunately training is *off* tonight! (Just in case you were actually planning to come.) Sorry for the late notice and Happy New Year.

M

HI Guys,

Merry chrimbo & Happy New year to you all. Hope you all had a good one and I look forward seeing you all in the coming sessions. Especially as I seem to have missed alot of you at training one way or the other.

Will

I can't believe James let himself get caught by this:

But seriously now, what was this kick? Almost like a Capoeira kick, with hands to the ground.

M

That guy had like no guard at all!
I went to a brazilian jujitsu class on saturday and the guys are really cool. They are all really really good but just friends practising and they do a small amount of stand up (which i beat them at :)) I want to do more kicking but my hip still hurts though so I am going to go to psychotherapy

Hehe to Mike, he was just trying to do a reverse turning but fell, technically its not allowed if he touches floor first but here seems to land it first. Touching floor is seen as an 'unbalance' and will lose him points after first warning.

To Ben, nice to hear doing BJJ, yeah go check hip out, although do you mean a physiotherapist? :)

Some really nice videos there guys, thanks :)

No the pain is so much it drove me crazy :P

Why I like this kick, round 1...

What say we practise this one next session?

OMG I have SOOOO much respect for this woman!! But you guys are gonna need to have some sort of surgery to do this kick, no? Yeah yeah, I know I'm an expert at the Eating Pizza Kick but what the hell )

Just posting cause i haven't been getting notifiers for a while. Sorry I couldn't make your party, Dan. Hope you all had a good one.

Although currently unable to train I will certainly be at any OMA comp to offer support!

Sounds great to me. Im not sure what is happening in my life at the moment, but I hope to compete. At the very least I would like to be there to support.

I shall make myself available for the day =]

From this weekends recent UFC event, a nice headkick knockout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpdzFejUco

Funny thats the kick we pretty muched drilled all last session!

I demand this is how we all get into our training gear at training. Also, we need more skateboards and yoyos!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3970492/worlds_most_talented_man/

Allo James,

Could I just double check that there isnt any training this Friday (tomorrow)?

Thanks

Hi Will,

Nope training is now ususally on the first 3 fridays of each month, so this month is one of the rare double fridays off...

Also while I am writing, a note to all those interested in the comp at the club and werent there last session, I am afraid I will need to push it to July now as I have to leave the country towards end of June

Please call me if you need further details.

Best, James

Hey guys an update for those who weren't there last session...
Following on from the last post I did I am out of the country this coming Friday the 21st, so will need to swap the class over to the 28th. Sorry for the inconvenience I don't have a choice!

Hope you are all well and see you soon!

James

1 2