Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
lost grey

Just got a call if anyone in falkirk area lost a greyhound black i think. its in the bonnybridge vet practise. Thats all i know

Esther

Re: lost grey

Hi Esther,
Got the ear tattoos ?
Celia and Jimmy.

Dont know anymore jimmy. Got a call from a customer to say that the dogs in bonnybridge vet. it maybe bolted with the thunder here. ill look the vet number up

Hi owner has signed over the dog to be pts but the nice vet is going to amputate his leg tomorrow and once again the greyhound angel (celia)has come to the rescue... will let you know how he is after his op

Ah bless him. Hope he comes through the op ok. What a shame.

Good old Celia - you are truly amazing!!

Love Kaz, Pat and Ace xxx

This is so sad. Poor wee soul. Good on the vet for doing op & Celia & Jimmy - what would all these faboulous greys do without you. Thankyou x

Poor thing, scared out of his wits and now having to face adapting to his injuries without the love and support of his family in his home. I hope he makes a full recovery - I have met a few dogs who have lost a log and have gone on to lead full, active, happy lives.

Hats off to Celia and Jimmy (again!), and to Esther for flagging the problem in time. What a shame the family couldn't support their pet in time of need.
We look forward to seeing 3-legs on the website soon and Foxy says tell him/her not to worry, as life with a bad leg is still a bundle of fun, so losing one can't be that bad either. We'll bring her along to have a chat and give him/her a few tips on how to be disabled AND naughty AND get away with it!
Well done guys,
Marion

hi called the vet today, so the op has went well. Greys a bit agitated at the moment(probably wondering whats going on). Celia vet will try to call you tomorrow as hes been busy today. He has an injury on his other foot with his skin scraping the ground but that will heal. He must have got an awful bump.

Very nice vet never mentioned money once..

E

That's good news that the operation went well - thanks for keeping us all updated.

Hi Guys,
We are delighted to announce that Steve and Julie Dowd have very kindly asked to foster the dog until he has recuperated from his operation.
You are two stars guys and GRF are proud to call you friends. GRF will help you in every way possible.
Thank you very, very much.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Steve and Julie,
that's brilliant of you guys!

Michele

That's just great news - a little home life and tlc will give him a huge emotional boost and help the recovery process no end. You know the dangers of fostering though ..... ! Miss Fox looks forward to updates from her fellow hopalong.
You're very kind and brave people.
Marion

Thank you for your kind comments.

The way I see this poor dogs situation is this: Imagine you have a happy life, a good home, a great relationship and a good job. Then, out of the blue, you have a horrendous accident and end up in hospital waking up to find you've had a limb amputated. How would you feel if your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (delete as appropriate!) decided that was a bit too much to cope with thanks very much, and packed your bags and threw you out????? Oh, and your boss sacked you!!!!!

As some of you already know I am a teacher, and among the many benefits of the job (you know, the total lack of respect, verbal abuse etc etc - and that's just from the staff!!) is a long, long summer holiday. This poor boy needs time, love and understanding and fortunately we have plenty of all of that to offer him.

Hi now we need to raise the cash for his op.. Any suggestions folks

esther
Hi now we need to raise the cash for his op.. Any suggestions folks

Hi Esther,
We have a clock and a large dog ornament we're willing to donate. Karen and Pat who run GRF's ebay account are very happy to sell anything people want to donate to help pay for the vet's bill.

Michele

Steve and Julie - what a fantastic offer you have made to foster this poor wee soul. That is very kind of you and he will get all the TLC he will need from you guys.

As for the Ebay stuff Michelle mentioned, I am already selling stuff on Ebay and in our local auction to raise funds for GRF so if anyone has anything they think might raise a few pounds then let us know.

Regards

Kaz & Pat Brundell
And Ace our lovely boy

Hi Guys,
The vet has reduced his bill for the amputation. He is charging £650. This is not too bad since we pay £150 to our own vet for any stitching. However we are hoping that the vet might let us off aftercare charges. We shall see.
Thank goodness for the bag pack. It has paid for this without it having to come out of our reserve funds.
We wouldn't be a greyhound rescue if we didn't do this. We both think that a greyhound's life is well worth £650.
Thanks for all the help and good wishes,
Celia and Jimmy.

I have an IBM 600E laptop that can go to the cause, although it would be better off sold through the small ads rather than eBay unless someone on here wants it? Most older laptops on eBay have something wrong with them, but they never make much money regardless of whether they're working or not.

Its an older laptop (Pentium II 300mhz, 128mb RAM, 6gb hard drive), in good condition complete with charger, laptop bag and a fresh install of Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Not suitable for internet use (I can't get it to work with a wireless card) but fine for basic work. I think £50 is a fair price for it.

Great ideas guys, you could have a wee gumtree on this forum

UPDATE

I spoke to the vet today on the phone. He will keep hold of the dog (who we think might be called Paddy, aged about 4 1/2 but need to confirm that) until he can stand up unaided and balance himself - probab;y early next week. As well as the amputation, his remaining rear leg has a wound consistent with being dragged that has taken off a section of fur and skin. This is currently dressed and they are going to re-dress it tomorrow and reassess how best to progress with it. He also agreed to let me go and visit...

...so that's what I did. He is a beautiful blue boy. He was a bit wary and a bit reserved which is totally understandable. The nurse said he's fine unless you go near his rear end (again, understandable). Apparently he hates the vet because every time he sees him he gets moved and it hurts, so he has associated the vet with pain. He has shown no real interest in nibbling at his stitches, and he takes all his tablets with no problems. The previous owner left nothing for him, no bed, no toys, not even his collar. She didn't even tell them what he eats, so they are trying him with different things. As this is a family forum I will refrain from commenting further, save to say she should be banned from keeping pets ever again. The staff at the vets are pleased with his progress so far, and seeing an improvement day by day.

And now what you've been waiting for - pictures! Apologies for the quality, they're from my phone and there's a time delay between pressing the button and taking the picture so they're blurred from where he moved his head each time!

Aww he lovely. When I asked the vet what colour he was he said blackish lol. A lovely blue boy. I wonder where they got him from..

Esther

His ear tattoos were quite pale and the light wasn't the best so I couldn't make them out. When we get him I'll check.

Aww bless him! I am sure once he gets on his feet and you get him home Steve he will realise that he is in a safe and loving place.

Kaz, Pat and Ace

He is gorgeous. His story is so sad, it breaks my heart. Well done Steve & Julie on fostering him & giving him all the love, attention & TLC that he so obviously deserves.
Look forward to hearing about his progress & recupperation

what a lovely boy

i am sure he will adjust to being 3 legged ,my friends cat managed very well.

mags

Thanks for all your great help Steve. The photos are great. He really is a lovely boy. What a pity the accident had to happen.
Thanks to you and Julie he's going to come back a star.
Celia and Jimmy.

Well done to you both for fostering this grey. It saddens me to hear stories like this, why are people like this allowed to own dogs. Nevermind hopefully with some love and affection this dog will bounce back to health.

Karen

Just found out about the lost boy. What an amazing organization this is and what truely remarkable people are involved in making it work! You are wonderful, you really are. We all know where Greyhounds would be without you.

Hi Steve

He is such a beautiful boy. What a heartbreaking story. I am crying just thinking about him. Well done to you for taking him in and keep us up to date with his progress.

Elaine xxxxx

Hi, Have a gazebo tent never used, only tried gazebo
up to see what it looked like.Have contacted Karen and Pat Brundle ,who said they would try it on gumtree
and then on ebay late Aug.If any of our friends at GRF
are interested then they would get first offer.
If you go to Gala Tents home page then click on 3mX3m gala tent(pe) it will give you a full description, all the money from the sale of the gazebo will go towards paying the vet bill of the injured dog ,will leave gazebo at Baltree on Sunday.
Bert

1 2