Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
PLANNING APPLICATION FOR A MANAGER'S HOUSE.

Hi Folks.
Well here it is at last. BATTLE STATIONS.
For the third time we are trying to break the iron shield that the planners seem to ring round GRF. We are getting old. Without an on site manager GRF will probably fold. If you want to keep the rescue going please send in a letter of support. We need as many as possible. The letters must be in WITHIN THE NEXT TWELVE DAYS !!!!!! We desperately need all your support.
Your letter would have to be sent to:
Development Quality Manager,
Perth and Kinross Council,
The Environment Service,
Pullar House,
35 Kinnoull Street,
Perth,
PH1 5GD
or you can email:
DevelopmentManagement@pkc.gov.uk
Our reference number is:
12/00476/FLL Manager's House at Greyhound Rescue Fife.

Remember to enclose your name and address. All letters will be published so please give us a huge support.

To give you an outline of what to write, in your own words please, is shown below, but please add anything you wish that is helpful.

Greyhound Rescue Fife is being willed by us to continue as a greyhound rescue centre on our death or inability to run it. We would require a manager to successfully operate it. Because of the unique operation system of up to 50 dogs in kennels , 24/7 presence is unconditionally required to give medication, to oversee dogs at night, to keep dogs quiet at night and all the various duties that occur sometimes late into the night. Not unlike a hospital.
A future manager will require a BRICK and MORTAR HOUSE if it is to last for posterity - not a kennel extension, portacabin or wooden building as suggested by the planners. It would be an insult to ask a manager to move into a kennel extension. A night watchman would not have the experience to handle a canine medical problem.
We help people with learning difficulties to enjoy the dogs, people get work experience, we help Elmwood College students, scout groups, Duke of Edinburgh Award candidates, Perth and Kinross residents needing work experience to get employment, various school groups, Edinburgh University Dick Vet College staff with their unique studies into greyhound anasthesia problems.
All this will cease on our deaths if we have no house for future management. We travel 16 miles to and from the kennels 365 days a year. Who else will ?
We will lose the great assistance given to us by the Retired Greyhound Trust who honour us with accepting that we can care for their dogs. They did this on the assumption that we get an on site house.
We have established Greyhound Rescue Fife with our own money to save greyhounds and to give a free facility for the residents of Perth and Kinross and further afield to enjoy.
We do not ask for money. We simply ask for permission to build a house to preserve the facility for future generations.

We thank you in anticipation of your support for Greyhound Rescue Fife.
Celia, Jimmy and all the dogs, present and future.

Re: PLANNING APPLICATION FOR A MANAGER'S HOUSE.

On top of the above, racing dogs is still legal and the council does not do anything to help with the proper accommodation when the dogs have finish their racing careers due to their old age, ill health or just because they have not made the grade. So, on the one hand the authority let the sports go on but on the other there are not ANY EFFECTIVE rules or measures that would ensure that the future of the dogs involved is properly secured and the council can not manage the situation by themselves. Hence if someone as dedicated as Celia and Jimmy wants to help for their own money, discarding this project would sound unwise and unacceptable for the community as a whole.
Jimmy and Celia, you can bank on me.
Hopefully my broken English will not be an obstacle...

Celia and Jimmy this is one cause which Robert and I will fight for as well as writing a strongly worded letter-may I remind everyone that the Local Government elections are happening very soon-In May-whatever your politics remember who supported GRF the last time!We certainly will be raising this with our local SNP branch as a priority-keep going folks!

Jimmy and Celia,

It goes without saying that we will both have our letters emailed tonight highlighting all the points in relation to the importance of an on site house.

Bobby, Shona, Franco & Maisie.

Have written a letter this afternoon. Hang in there. Very best wishes for success with this

Just doing a letter now - all the very best with this - how anyone can have any doubt that this is a necessity is beyond us. All good wishes, Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Thanks to all our great friends who are supporting us. It is very comforting to know that you are there.
Celia, Jimmy and especially the dogs.

Celia and Jimmy,

We will get a letter sent in over next couple of days. Will support goys all the way on this.

Karen

will send our letter within the next few days.hope you are both well! cheers paddy

In the Perth and Kinross Council planning site you look up " view and comment on planning applications online " you can make your comments directly online for application reference number 12/00476/FLL.
Jimmy.

To make it easier for you just click this link and it will take you right to the page you need, then simply put the reference number 12/00476/FLL in the search box and click search.

Hi Guys

Have put my comments of support on the website. Think I will email also just to make sure. Wish u all the support & luck you need.

Hope to see you at the walk on Sunday.

Elaine xx

Have submitted my support letter and intend to rally some more support from colleagues and family can anyway copy (or send me) the actual link i.e. http/........... and I will put on my facebook page and urge others to write.

Similiar to the RBS community force award I think we should try and canvass for support via various social networks. It would also be good if we could rally as many nearby local support as these people are potential voters in the upcomong council elections and you may wish to drop that in on any comments

Got it

for anybody else that may want to put on any social network site it is

http://planningapps.pkc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=M0XZSJMK00I00

I have both emailed and commented in the council website. I know my surname looks there like a freak of nature but maybe at least this will attract their attention Hopefully more people will mobilise themselves and post their word of support over the weekend

Better luck this time I hope. Letter will wing its way..............

Done xx

Letter of Support sent. Fiona Lole (Mum to the fabulous Bella & Mafi).

Have put this up on Facebook - you never know...and sent a supporting letter-thingy on-line

It's so easy to do this online. It only takes a minute using John's helpful link.

Thats my letter written.

Have shared this with my friends on facebook to maximise support from my side.

Every little helps!

So hope you guys get this house. All our fingers, toes, tails and paws are crossed.

Jen, Eddie and Wisp xxx

I've emailed a letter of support rather than just left a comment. Doing this gets your letter listed in the Documents section of the application website as well as in the comments section. I have also asked Gordon Banks MP for his suppport (he has already written to Perth&Kinross Council regarding this on my behalf)

I have registered my support but they have misspelled my surname
They put Mrs Philp's letter of support as an objective... I have written to them to correct this

Email sent. Hope all goes well for you this time.

Anne,Graham and Barney

Many thanks for pointing out the error re my "objection". I have written to PKC asking for an explanation but, as yet, have had no response. I hope that many more interested parties will confirm their support for GRF as time is running out to get letters, emails etc in. It only takes a couple of minutes to register support via the helpful link given in a previous message.Good luck to all concerned.

Of course I meant an objection saying " an objective" in my previous post...You can see now how rubbish my English is....

Stan/Polish
Of course I meant an objection saying " an objective" in my previous post...You can see now how rubbish my English is....

At least you can tell the difference between Support and an Objection!!!

Looks like Perth & Kinross council have a backlog as they still haven't published my comments on the website, so I've added them myself. That's over 120 comments in support now

Sorry, Stan, I wasn't getting at you using the wrong word. I was referring to PKC considering my support email to be an "objection". Still no reply from them.

Sheila X

I know, I know, Sheila. I was joking

I have emailed and posted my letter on the site. Fingers crossed everyone...

Result! My objection has morphed into a support.

1 2