The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What I find irritating about some films ...

... is the use of what i call "slippers" when the character the actor is portraying is intended to be barefooted. I understand the need to protect one's feet but I would also think that the director and cameraman would ensure that such times would not be visible on screen. While many did not think that these films would be seen other than their initial release to theaters I still would think that care would be taken to hide such protections.

Re: What I find irritating about some films ...

Sometimes useful. Like, if the setting is Japan, I expect sandals and tabi socks. North America, I expect moccasins. Much harder to justify in a Tarzan movie tho.

I agree that if the footwear is authentic to the clothing it is entirely acceptable ... and I myself had no problem with the knee-hi moccasins worn in the Tarzan Epic Adventures series as it was included from the start ... but the sandals Weissmuller wore in Tarzan and the Mermaids were not a good choice.

I noticed that on Apocalypto. I saw lots of sandals when they should have been barefooted.

I noticed that too on Apocalypto, and it annoyed me as well.

A lot of Mayans did, in fact, wear sandals. Probably not the same design.