The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How was your discovery to interest in loincloths?

I think it was pictures in magazines or books, or maybe some TV features from far away places in the tropics, and certainly some re-runs of old Tarzan films on TV. At that time I was a schoolboy who loved to spend a day at a swimming pool, a reservoir, or my parent's garden just clad in speedo-type swimwear. But a loincloth I only tried to make myself in secret. That was in the 1980s.

Only much later (and, in part, thanks to this forum!) I re-discovered the loincloth and wear one not only at home, but also as an alternative to my still-beloved speedos.

Re: How was your discovery to interest in loincloths?

I don't remember when exactly it started, but The Jungle Book likely had a part. But the bigger draw for me was Last of the Mohicans, Dances With Wolves and Indian in the Cupboard. That last one was probably even my first actual crush, though I wouldn't admit it until only a couple years ago when I came out as gay. But yeah, ever since I can remember, I've found myself attracted to men in loincloths of all types, but breechclouts especially.

As for creating my own, I haven't really had the confidence to try it. But I have bought some pre-made ones. I have a wool breechclout I wear for reenacting that I think I posted a while back, but I wear it with a lot of other gear as well. I'm not confident enough in my physical shape to go shirtless! Maybe one day... I do look forward to being able to kit up again though.