Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
Bill
Shameless self-promotion
If I may, just a note to promote my online "radio" station: http://www.lifehouse9.com It's freeform, playing rock and pop from the 50s through today, with a generous helping of the music I came to love while hanging out in Hoboken in the 80s. Some recent add...
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2005 8:32pm
by Bill
g
Greg
Cheap copies of Like This...
I'll probably regret this later, but what the heck. After reading the library thread, I feel the desire to alleviate the demand for Like This by making more copies available. If the band doesn't mind, I'm willing to make copies of my Like This CD. If they do m...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2005 4:16pm
by Greg
Peter...
(Sorry to fritter away bandwidth here... keep dreaming of the dB's tribute album... mmmm... Spike Priggen... mmmm... Hoover, Lloyd, Crenshaw, Dixon... Sutliff... Lee... Dean... Mason... mmmm...) Peter, if you have a second, could you shoot me an e-mail? I have a q...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2005 8:47am
by Steve Clay
Chris stamey-it's alright-/A&M--cd
Hi, I have chris Stamey's "it's alright" off lp onto cd-r. anyone who has the out of print cd please e-mail me. it's a great lp! I'm a fan of the db's! thanks. Jim in san francisco ,u.s.a.
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2005 10:43pm
by Jim Moore
Hey Peter
Peter, If you get a chance could you e-mail me? rsutliff@columbus.rr.com Thanks, Bobby Sutliff
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2004 6:05pm
by Bobby Sutliff
m
Mark P
Alex Chilton Synchronicity
Or maybe not. This was just right now posted to my Yahoo Mitch/Let's Active group -- From: Neb Rodgers Date: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:43 pm Subject: Fw: [Alex Chilton] Happy Birthday Alex ... Today is Alex Chilton's birthday, born December 28, 1950. Just la...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 2:50pm
by Mark P
Happy Holidays from Peter and family
We wish you all the greatest of holidays this year and hope that 2005 brings you joy, love and peace.
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2004 8:17pm
by Peter H.
dB's Fan Site
My dB's music fan site is still up and running. I had posted the URL a while back. I will be updating it very soon. Here is the URL again if anyone missed it the first time. It's very limited as to what it offers at the moment. I hope everyone enjoys it (and I hope t...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2004 12:08am
by dB'sFan
Mailing list declaimer
The note that comes in reply to signing up for the mailing list says "To post to this list, send your email to: Thedbsonline@thedbsonline.net". This misinformation was added automatically by the hosting service. We hope we can change that fact, but posting to t...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2004 6:19pm
by The dB's Online
New Merchandise Supports Site and Seeds dB's Documentary
Hello all, The dB's Online is pleased to announce that we have added several new items to the store: http://www.thedbsonline.net/store/index_fm.html As always, proceeds from the sale of these products go to cover the expenses of maintaining this web site. Any...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2004 8:47am
by The dB's Online
The Backwards
I was wondering if any of you North Carolinians(and anybody else fortunately to have done so) saw the fab Czech/Slovak Beatles tribute group,the Backwards when they played a couple of shows in Raleigh-Durham and Chapel Hill this past Autumn or maybe have heard of the...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2004 2:37pm
by adrian abrahamso...
Tom Tom liner notes
I've just discovered that my cd insert for Ride the Wild TomTom got wet or something, and all the pages have stuck together. Could anyone perhaps photocopy the liner notes and send or fax them to me? Thanks much, Peter S
Views: 129   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2004 2:23pm
by Peter S.
dB'S music videos
I was just reading the recent post on dB'S videos and was wondering how many were made and for which songs(any from the 1st two lp's?).Thanks. Also,a huuuge Clash(and The Jam)fan!Several months back,I bought the remastered version of Sandinista! on CD(w/original art...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2004 2:18pm
by adrian abrahamso...
Like This...mission accomplished!!!!!
One of my fellow dBs fans contacted me and sent me 3 copies of "Like This" on CD. My prayers have been answered!!!!! The donor shall remain anonymous, he can make his identity known if he chooses. But I would be remiss if I did not take a moment to say "Thanks" to...
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2004 5:47pm
by ken hirschman
new band website
Just a little shameless self-promotion, my Maryland-based band The Mood Swingers has a new website at http://www.moodswingers.org that I did myself (my first attempt at website design). Enjoy! Tim
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2004 7:46pm
by Tim Armstrong (n...
l
Larry
Cat's Cradle show this Thursday
A reminder for any folks in the NC area. Mitch Easter will be opening for Chris Stamey on Dec. 2. That should be a fun night. Isn't Chris' birthday sometime in early December? Larry
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2004 9:24am
by Larry
l
Larry
Chris Stamey @ Cat's Cradle in December
I see that Chris Stamey has a show at the Cat's Cradle for Dec. 2nd and that Mitch Easter's Fiendish Minstrels will be one of the opening bands. Should be good show to catch for any in the NC area. Chris, if you read this, will this be a Chris Stamey Experience sh...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2004 12:45pm
by Larry
j
Jack
Chris coverage on pitchforkmedia.com
Hey all, Sorry i'm no hyperlink whiz, but the ultrahip music website pitchfork has a nice article about Chris's CD with Yo La Tengo. Check it out: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/04-11/04.shtml#story2 I will consider this posting a success if I get a reply fr...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2004 12:07am
by Jack
the real ROCK N ROLL holiday HALLOWEEN
happy spooks day ROCK n ROLL everybuddy.
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2004 3:21pm
by guy mullins (I s...
another one for ya peter
this one hails from my sister she and her boy friend went to see puke luke (something like that) it was 1988 and early winter. i imagine december or so. she was pregnant and because of the weather they (her boy friend and herself)were the only ones to show up at the...
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2004 7:09am
by guy mullins (I c...
sorry i missed out seein you chris...
with a family and a tight buddget work is a most priority God bless you. ROCK N ROLL!
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2004 8:27pm
by guy mullins (I c...
oh no it's mr amplifier oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i keep forgetting everytime i post here to tell all those rockers to goto mr bill and watch that vid . i remember it being the first time i got to hear the dB's and it was introed by mr bill himself then and the exit was him pleading you don't have to go like that gu...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2004 11:00pm
by guy mullins
voting psa Flash video links kit fyi
If any of you have a relevant web site out there and would like to link to this Flash movie on your site for these final weeks before the election, here's a "links kit" that makes it easy. http://www.yeproc.com/vote/link.html the Flash link directly is http://...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 7:55am
by Chris Stamey
Report from Sparklefest
I did a long report that vanished into cyberspace. Don't have time to recreate it now. Suffice to say it was a great show. Third festival/showcase type set I have seen from Chris Stamey in the past year. Leaves me hungering for a longer show than 35 minutes(with P...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 11:18pm
by Jim From NC
The sound of music and the velvet undergrounds 3rd album
it seems that the album least likeed by the critics is always the best. the velvets is pure and gripping just like the sound of music be proud of it ! I guess you are just like you guys are proud of the dBs!
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2004 9:32am
by guy mullins
VIDEO
Oh my Gosh, I just watched the video from 1981 on the multimedia section. AWESOME!!!!!! I wish somehow, someway, we could get a DVD of the promo videos they shot and all TV appearances. These guys rule all and the world needs to know this. REUNITE!! The world...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2004 3:37am
by Shawn Franklin
Chris Stamey free song with harp magazine cd
So I'm in the Borders in Winston and I see this music magazine called harp that has a free cd with it. Robyn Hitchcock, Reverend Horton Heat, Southern Culture on the Skids and tons of other great bands- really a fantastic cd. And the magazine is only like five bucks....
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 7:58pm
by GW Bush
a
AJ
FishHouse
Hey Peter, So good chatting to you during Fish House...hope all is well on your side of the ocean...!! Anyway, great to see you perform again after so many years, loved the fact that you helped JJ out... I truly love his album, there`s some great stuff on there...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 6:04pm
by AJ
Guitar Chords for Shirley
Hey- you guitar players out there. Anybody got the Chords for Shirley? I'm wanting to cover this song for an upcoming show but my ears just don't translate well as others might.
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 6:30pm
by todd steed
j
JD
Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"
Truly a question for Peter (but others should feel free to weigh in). After years of searching used CD bins I finally ponied up the bucks for a copy of "Like This." I already had "Sound of Music" (as well as the other stuff that's more readily available). I'd forg...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2004 3:40pm
by JD
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:23am
by guy mullins
check out the joewashrag site
they are a great bar band from martinsville va you may enjoy them, they play greensboro and winston salem where a couple of the members reside.hope you will check them out.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:22am
by guy mullins
the sound of music was a excellent album/as good as the first/it had all its original feel
CLASSIC ROCK, YOU GUYS WILL BE GREAT AS LONG AS THERE IS A ROCK N ROLL paradise.
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:17am
by guy mullins
everyone in the music world seems to agree the dBs should reunite and .....
HEY JUST GET BACK TOGETHER WILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:12am
by guy mullins
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet