Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lady

Just had Lady at the vet on Friday for a second opinion on her teeth as they were in need of a clean when i got her the first vet i toke her to just said to give her dentisticks and she would be fine tried that as i was told and they did nothing so changed vet to the one down the road from me in newport and got told there that her teeth were really bad and she may need to get some teeth out and is now on antibiotics before she goes in to get the work done on the 21st of feb. I anm really angry at the other vet for saying she was fine when she wasnt if i had left it any longer before getting a second opion she would have got absesces.

Re: Lady

I find that a combination of dry food and pigs ears are good for the dogs teeth.

Once you've had those abscesses sorted you'll find that you'll love your dog even more. Sweeter breath for one thing, but as they always say "abscess makes the heart grow fonder"

We got Goldie's teeth done and were advised to clean them (after a week or so of letting her mouth settle). Dog toothpaste available most vets and in yummy flavours. We only need to show Goldie the toothbrush and she comes up to us.

Michele

On the subject of teeth and bad breath!! When we first got Yogi, he had to get some teeth removed as they were badly decayed. I was advised by the vet to use dentastix and other "hard" treats ie pigs ears, jumbones etc, which i do - but Yogi still has the stinkiest breath ever!! I have had him back to the vets recently and they said his teeth were looking great. Any advise on how to get rid of the bad breath?? I have tried doggie breath tablets, doggie breath liquid in his water and other dental treats etc but nothing has worked! Advise needed, its not so nice when you wake up in the middle of the night and Yogi has managed to work his way up to the top of the bed and you brethe in his oh so lovely dog breath!! LOL!!