Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: OMA SOCIAL

Hi guys,

Just a reminder today is last Friday of the month, so there will be no class.

Have a good weekend, James

Hi guys, unfortunately I will not be able to make this Friday as I have an important commitment to make at 8pm, so training will be on as normal on Sept 2nd. Anyone I have acct details for will be refunded for the lesson. Sorry about that and see you next week!

Best, James

Had to post this bbc article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-14689055

Hi guys, huge update please read carefully!

Ok lots going on at the moment, here is the summary in bullets:

1) Chris Bull is fighting in a boxing only fight (to work on his weaker hands) on 14th Oct. A few have already said they want to come along- let me know if you are up for that- last one was good fun.

2) He said he wants to drop by our gym on 7th Oct the week before for some last min training/ moral support so if you can make it would be great.

3) This Friday coming is the 5th Friday so there will be no training- however on this day as a treat for current members Omni Club would like to pay for you come along to see new MMA film 'Warrior'! This will be on Friday 30th 7.30pm to meet at VUE Westfield next to Shepherd's Bush tube stop. Obviously if you want to bring partners etc they can come but only your ticket is covered- and of course non training previous members are welcome if they are happy to pick up the ticket themselves. I will be booking my seats now so if I don't hear from you ill assume you are not coming.

4) Lastly and perhaps most importantly, as work crunch time is getting extremely hard for me towards the end of this year I will need to cut class down to fortnightly and refund you half the money for at least a couple of months. It seems on average people are coming to half the classes anyway due to tiredness/nights out etc so this way might even be a good thing to consolidate more people into the single classes. The general rule to remember will be the 1st and 3rd Fridays starting October will be always be on. All the other Fridays if I know will be an easy week ill drop you a text to let you know last min there will be a bonus class and just bring a fiver.

So in summary, let me know by text if you want tickets for cinema and/or Chris fight, and training on 1st and 3rd fridays for now. Any questions please call. Best, James

Hi guys

I'd like to come along as I can't do high impact training til my knees are strong enough, so would be good to see ya. Will book my ticket :o)
Hope you're all in tip top *ss kicking shape
Luv
S

Hi Sarit, great would be good to have you but just to clarify to all- if you guys could just let me know if you are coming by text then I can book the tickets- reason being at this cinema you pick seats- and that way I can put us all together. This applies to Chris fight too, and please TEXT instead of reply on here for both as I wont be checking here as often. Best- J

Thanks James. Just watched the trailer, looks great - cannot believe one of the fighters is the same guy who played wimpy British Charlie in Kinky Boots!! I don't expect any of you except Sandra (and maybe Tony ;op) to know what I'm talking about It was a film about a Charlie trying to save a shoe factory by producing boots for drag queens!!

Hi there, I will love to see the film... Please count on me!
Cheers!
S

You have to text James Sandra! He won't add you on the list otherwise!

You could try asking him as you live with him but the rules seem clear, no text no ticket ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You guys crack me up.

James, I still have your present, you can't get out of not having it that easily!

Was going to come on Friday to give it to you but I was in Birmingham :(

I will find you!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I said I'd do this weeks ago, but here are the details for my show which is on THIS WEEK at the Secombe Theatre in Sutton (SW London - train from Victoria). Here is the show's website.

“HMS Pinafore (re-launched!) is a colourful, energetic romp full of tongue-in-cheek humour and wonderful melodies which takes a fresh new look at the Gilbert & Sullivan classic. With memorable music from both Pinafore and other G&S operettas – including some exciting new musical arrangements – the show pokes good-natured fun at the British navy, the English class system, patriotism and party politics. This witty satire on naval incompetence and class prejudice was Gilbert and Sullivan’s fourth collaboration but their first major success and remains as funny and relevant today as it was over 130 years ago. Whether you are familiar with G&S or new to the genre, you won’t want to miss this fun and entertaining interpretation of such a classic musical piece.”

Hi Guys- class update. So as you know at the moment we are on fortnightly class that is usually 1st and 3rd weeks. This week is my final week of a two year project and the director is taking us to a special crew wrap party this Friday. So I will need to make this months training 2nd and 3rd Fridays before we break up for Xmas. In other words there is no training this friday, see you soon!
Best,
Exhausted J

Adding Kyle to the forum... welcome.

Hi Omni guys, so this coming Friday will the last session before the new year, be great to see you all before xmas. Also if anyone fancies would be nice to have a xmas drink after at the usual black horse, and even if you dont fancy the training we can meet you after. I believe Sarit also said she would available for drinks in central on the friday after 23rd (she accidently posted in wrong place so you wont have seen it!). Please get in touch for more details- in any case hope to see you this friday!
J

Hey, I thought James was supposed to have been busy these past few months! How did he get the time to teach these kids? The style is unmistakeable.

http://youtu.be/cGC6pDRxm4I

And for something more serious, here is a fight between a self-described TKD fighter and a Muay Thai fighter. I would say the TKD guy is doing more of a mix between TKD and MT, but what do you think? Skip to around 1:20 if you want to see the KO but the whole fight is interesting.

http://youtu.be/CAP-Xj4Fz18

Ha recently back from Spain so only just seen these vids- yeah that guy is excellent (nickname is kwonkicker). Been following him a while, his main style is tkd with mixes of others. Loved the kid video very cute!

Using this post to also add Gavin to the forum...

TRAINING IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok so hope you all had a good xmas - for those who have asked when training is on in the new year I am posting this.

So as classes are 5 quid per session and we were on 4 per month last year and then twice per month at the end as I was super busy, starting this year I would like to trial half way between at 3 times per month and see how it goes.

So basically starting from Jan there will be training the first three fridays of every month and we get the last friday of the month off to enjoy. (note on the occasion of having five weeks as this is not the first 3 fridays it is therefore also off).

So next sesh to shed the xmas dinners is on the 6th of Jan and will be 15 per month.

Any questions give me a shout and have a good new year!

J

Hi Team,

The World Association of Kickboxing Organisations are holding their Comp in Feb. There are one or two members have asked if they can go, if anyone is interested in going as a competitor or spectator, it would be on either Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th in Birmingham. If you dont mind splitting petrol we can go down in a couple of cars. Contact me if you are interested. James

This was on the other day - cant find proper highlights so excuse this dudes TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYpcGIr9As

Perfect example of what James says with the leg and knee up, and the extension of the rest of the leg once youre round! Very subtle but you can see the flick come out.

Hi all, so for those who told me they want to come to watch the Comp on Sat 18th Feb, 9am- the address is as follows:

Cocks Moors Woods Leisure Centre
Alcester Road South, Kings Heath,
Birmingham, B14 6ER.

We will be going down in a few cars and splitting petrol, so far I have Ali, Will, Alex, Simon, Joe, Sandra and Myself. I will be posting off today and any others will be able to pay on the day but costs £10 instead of £8 preorder price. Kyle you mentioned you wanted to come but didnt get a confirmation- please get in touch asap!

We can organise cars first training sesh back in feb and any questions please shout, J

Look forward to that.

If anyone fancies it, I am having an interim MA show with my peers from my course this coming Monday. Its nothing big, I only have one image in the show. But if anyone fancies popping down for the private view you are more than welcome.

Its from 6pm-9pm this coming Tuesday the 31st in Charring Cross station. You can find the address at:

http://www.undergroundgallery.co.uk/page2.htm

Its no bigger, no need to break your back coming, just thought a few of you might be interested. The show runs for two weeks if you cant make the private view.

hi guys,am thinking about coming back to lessons, is it still on? and did the time or day or price changed?

Hi Lukasz, sure feel free to come along, we now train the first 3 Fridays of each month for £15, the last one kept free for a Friday off. This Fri is therefore on, so come when you next can make it,
-James

ok and what time does it start?

8pm -J

1min 30 onwards for those who cant be bothered to watch build up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMSAru_3eY

Nice one like the early side kicks hey Ali, by the way if anyone ever wants to add a link like this if in youtube you click 'embed' and 'use old embed code', you get the clip in the post instead of the link- eg above, -J

(Ali not enough of a geek yet but we will turn him)

Hi guys-this Friday we have some of Chin woo kickboxers coming to the club to give us some tips on sparring in their style which would be excellent. They are real friendly, they are the students of Andy who runs the gym. If you could make it would would really appreciate it to keep numbers up- would be a shame if more of them turned up than us!

J

Hi guys just a heads up- a couple of Andy guys cant make it and alot of us are busy too- so we are going to postpone to next month. Just in case that was the only reason you were coming tonight- otherwise- will see see you later! J

So they "can't make it", eh?

OK. Annoyingly I cannot correctly embed the videos I did on here but fear not!

This link will take you to YouTube and the first video. YOU MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST!

http://youtu.be/e4LBZZVtFmU

That link is Ali's fight as captured on my camera.

When you are done with that one check out this link.

http://youtu.be/a9RYVD9397U

It might not look like the right video at first but dont fast forward just put it into fullscreen, music up and enjoy :)

Let me know what you think!

Like it, its a classic. Sound effects make all the difference. I think at the next comp we need someone dedicated to making sound effects.

Im looking forward to more movie productions of this high standard.

I found that rather amusing. Good edit Joe!

That was a good fight too Ali - good job

Master Wong's hilarious instructional videos:

Wow, someone's got time on their hands

Great stuff Ali, and thanks Joe for the amusement

Love the Self Defence vid - "Make sure you f*cker them up!". Now do I bookmark that under Useful Stuff or Hilarious?!!

I hope you're all good - miss yas!

Ninjybabes

Brilliant stuff Joe, and well done to Ali for representing OMA!

Shaolin monk v seals thai boxer- he's bit like a rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUR1otot39s&feature=relmfu

He stole that from Ong Bak...

I do not remember this!...

Joe / James : You will be glad to know finally watched the video : ) brought back some painful memories thats for sure lol Appreciate the effort Joe cracked me up laughing.. See you guys at next session

Hi guys!

You remember that show I've been practising for? From the 6th to the 9th of June (Wednesday to Saturday), I’ll be appearing in Grosvenor Light Opera Company’s staging of Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Sorceror, singing the role of Dr Daly, Vicar of Ploverleigh. See http://www.gloc.org/.

It’s on at The Oratory School near Earl’s Court, about 4 or 5 minutes’ walk from West Brompton tube. Do come! You’ll see me:
- Singing and dancing (sort of)
- Being the oblivious heart-throb
- Drinking a love potion and trying to make off with the heroine!

Plus the lovely Rachel Wood, who is singing the role of Aline, is sensational - I'll e-mail a recording of her in rehearsal, although she'd kill me if she found out.

If you are around on one of those days and you’d like to see the show, let me know when you can come. I can organise tickets.

All the best,

M x

Hi guys, for those who may not have heard at training- I am getting married at the start of August and then going away on honeymoon for the rest of the month to Asia! Therefore tonight will be the last session until start of September, so if I don't see you enjoy your summer!

Keep up your self training! James

Ps- just saw this trailer- we gotta see this when I get back!

Hahaha, looks good!

Looks awesome! Have a great honeymoon dude - watch out for ninjas!!

WoW, I feel like I just watched the whole film!

Ain't Hollywood great!

Night out next week

Hi All,
I know it's been a long time since I've posted and it's been just as long since I've seen some of you. I hope you all are well and that the training is still going strong. I've taken an extended hiatus with the club since I spend practically all my time now in South London, so getting into Harrow is a bit of a mission.

Anyway, Alex and I just had our 33rd birthday's, but due to busy schedules (people getting married, having babies and waving girlfriend's off on holiday), we haven't had the chance to sort out a meet up. We wanted to see if anybody was interested in a night out in Soho next week, on thursday (30th Aug). There is a comedy show at the Soho Theatre that should be a bit more unusual than your regular stand-up and afterwards we could all go for a late dinner. Take a look at the link below:

http://www.sohotheatre.com/whats-on/felicity-ward-the-hedgehog-dilemma/

Let either Alex or I know over the next 2 days and we'll sort out tickets (£10 for the show). I reckon we'll meet up at 6.30 so there is time for a drink or two before the theatre and if people want to shoot afterwards, they can. Would be great catching up with those of you whom I haven't seen for sometime.

Simon

My number is 0790 3867721, feel free to drop a text.

Re: Night out next week

Sounds like a plan. Im in

Re: Night out next week

Cool Will. I reckon it will only be alex, tony, you and me going. My bro and cousin might come along too. Will let you know when we book tickets.

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12