Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: OMA SOCIAL

awesome

Hi guys, an update on the gym for you. Alasdair has still not got back to me, so tomo training will be in park for the die hards. It will be the last park sesh - for those who do not know I am away next Friday 15th Aug on holiday.

Training will be starting back again in the gym as normal on 22nd August so looking forward to seeing you all there ready for battle.

One other bit of news- there is actually a big flat screen with dvd now up on the wall in the gym - maybe one day we can see some fight movies including the elusive NEVER BACK DOWN!

J

Howdi Master Jameth

Hypothetically speaking, if someone wanted to come along to training, say, tomorrow nite, how would one go about such a procedure?

SG

Oh man! I would have loved to have gone to the park session but wont be able to make it this week :(

There is a small chance I might be able to make a small appearence but I shant be training.

In other news I managed to permently get hold of one of those mini video handycams that does all the slow mo stuff and now I actually know how to use it properly and have the software I can get the stuff on DVD for you guys!

BTW Sarit I believe the park session is at Vale Farm (about 400m from the normal gym). Pop on google to see its location!

HAve a good one!

Hi Guys,

Training in the park sounds cool, but once again I'm not going to be able to make it and with the break next week too; I'm well out of practice. Look forward to being back, hope everyone is having a good summer.

Will

Hey all, **** it's been ages since I used the forum.
Anyway, probably won't make it to training tonight as I'm rehearsing for my play that goes on stage on Monday, and we rehearsing in Walthamstow until quite late.
Sorry peeps, I'd love to look through the Omni Eye again.
(For all you wasters that don't know what that is, you'll have to come to training tonight to find out!).

See you in 2 weeks time then I guess :)

Have a great weekend.

Daniel.
P.S. Will, we miss you, come back.
P.P.S. Sarit, we miss you, come back.

Hey guys

I unfortunately wont be able to make it either, as its a family friends 60th tonight, so i'm being dragged there by my father!
I'll see you all in 2 weeks!

Hope the weather holds out for you guys

PS. TONY! - Since Im useless and have my upload page up, heres the video I was working on a while back that I said I would link you to. It may be a bit hard to follow, but bare with it - listen to the music and its sync with the video.
http://files.filefront.com/99+The+Movie+3+MP4rar/;10920475;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy!
(This bares no relevance to OMNI, but I hope james doesnt lay the smackdown on me! )

This is like the shortest invite ever but i just plain forgot. Party this weekend at my dads and I would love it if you could come.

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=20312027923

thanks

Benedict

Ben - Dude - Seriously, that's like, no notice at all, what the hell?!?!

Anyway, I probably won't be able to make it as I'm coming back from Oxford at around 21:00 on Saturday :(

That really sucks.

Have fun all you lucky mofo's going though!

Daniel.

Hi all, Andy (one one of the gym owners) got back today and I have just spoken with him. As I figured they completely forgot they had not left me the key- both thinking the other would have done it, and now Andy will cut me my own if Alasdair approves.

Training will back as normal as I had hoped on Friday 22nd August. Has been frustrating for me but hope you enjoyed the break any way. Any of you who would like to be credited back the rent part of your membership (£4.25 of every £5) for the lessons we were stuck out of the gym please send me a quick text (PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON HERE).

Some members have kindly said they would just like to leave the extra money to go into the club for those weeks. If this includes you ill assume that if I dont hear anything before next week that you are happy to do so, but please ask for it back if you do want it as its not a problem on my side.

Any questions, queries please give me a shout and i'll see you after my hols!

Thanks, J

Our home made OMA equivalent!

Night out on Sat 30th August.

Hi All,
I have been meaning to sort out a night for all of us to meet up. It's not often we get everybody together and it would be great to see those that haven't made it training for a while.
So, I wanted to suggest that we go out on this Sat, 30th Aug. We pick a nice restaurant to go to and then a nice bar to chill out in. Are there any suggestions for places?
Is there anybody that can't make it? We can always do it the following weekend, sat 6th Sept. Please let us know what you think. I don't have everybodies e-mails, but I will send
this out on the OMNI social. Please invite whoever you want along with you.

Si

OMNI night out

Hey guys,
Looks like a lot of people are missing on the two following weekends. I'm going to say for sure that there will be a night out on sat 13th sept. Still up for any suggestions on where to go, but this should give people enough notice to be able to come along.

Cheers,

Simon

OMA becomes a Federation! Well kind of...

Hi All, some great news for those who have not heard yet. As of next tuesday OMA will gain a second gym! I will be trial running it for a few weeks to see if it works out. I have set it up due to the popular requests from those wanting extra training but I always said I do not want to comprmise the Friday class. For this reason on Tuesday nights it will run in the new smaller gym as a BONUS class only. Basically you can train on the Tuesday at no extra cost provided you have trained on the Friday before. This means we get the same numbers on the Friday without getting two split classes, plus those who want to push their training further can come along on Tuesday.

The opening first session is next week: Tuesday 16th which EVERYONE is invited to regardless if they trained the friday before just so you can all check out the smaller gym. It would be great if as many of you could make that one to make a good impression on the new gym owners... might be a bit embarrsing if only two students turn up for first one :).

There is a teeny pic up in photo gallery if you want to see it. Its a minute walk from Rayners Lane Tube which means its about the same distance for the central crew (two more stops on metro instead of bus).

Looking forward to seeing you there, any questions give me a shout,

J

Some good stuff there guys.

Any idea where we are going on Saturday?

Ok everybody. This saturday (I hope nobody forgot about this) we are having a screening of 'Never back down' back at my place. We are aiming to start 2-3pm ish and afterwards, we'll
make our way to Holborn for a meal at a Korean restaurant. http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/reviews/8230.html Sounds quiet good.
Then afterwards a bit of an alternative night out with 30's music, blues and burlesque. Much like the Framestore Christmas party they had a couple of years ago.

http://www.ladyluckclub.co.uk/message3.html#

Then we can finish, after the show at the big chill house in Kingscoss. http://www.bigchill.net/house.html
Alex came up with these suggestions and it sounds like a brilliant night out. What does everyone think of this?
Need to know numbers by friday so i can book the restaurant. I'll get print outs of the fliers so we get some money off entrance to the lady luck thing. Other halves are all welcome.
This is James' B-day celebration so look forward to seeing you all there!

Hey Guys

I can't make the evening but I'll do my best to come to the screening and celebrate James' b'day and the new gym for a little bit. I'm a bit fluey at the mo so may not make training, but I'm sure some else will be able to kick to your asses in the mean time .
Si, what's your address again please?

Charz!
SG

Sounds good.

Whats your address Si?

Heya guys.

Looking at the plans again it seems like quite alot of locations in one evening? Maybe we should knock one of them on the head and plan that in for another time? Movie, meal and night out would be a good combo rather than trying to cram in 2 night outs in one go?

Any thoughts welcome!

Hi guys,

Sorry I cant make this weekend working as per usual. Happy birthday james and will miss your birthday beatings this friday (gutted)

Hope everyone has a good night out & film, wish I could come.

Also whats the address for the new trainning venue? See everybody who will be there on tuesday.

Have a good one.

Address:
Harrow Martial Arts Centre
340 Rayners Lane
Pinner
HA5 5ED

Link to Google Map:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=HA5 5ED&ie=UTF8&ll=51.576016,-0.370724&spn=0.009548,0.019312&z=16

And Google Map:

View Larger Map

Also:

Ooops, sorry, I meant:

Hey guys,
sounds like a fun night out but I cant make it as Im not even in the country :DDDDD

Have a good one james & co!

Ok people, here is the final plan. Aim to get over at mine by 2pm. Bring some drink with you, I'll suppply tortilla chips and salsa.
Film and chilling shouldn't last more than 3 hours, so by 5pm we make a move to Finsbury Park station and get the train all the
way to Holborn where the restaurant is. Here is the link again:
http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/reviews/8230.html

As Joe has said on the OMNI forum, the two things that were suggested for after the meal might be a bit of a squeeze. So we can
play it by ear. The first is going to the Big Chill House in Kings Cross, and second is the 20's, 30's blues night and burlesque.
http://www.bigchill.net/house.html
http://www.ladyluckclub.co.uk/message3.html#

I recon the thing that goes from 12 noon till 10pm would be really cool, on the south bank. Afterwards, if there are some who want
to stay out, we could move to the chillout house or go to the platinum bar near old street for the rest of the Ladyluck night.

For getting to my place, you can either go to Finsbury Park and get the W3 to Tottenham Lane YMCA stop (the buses have an electronic
voice announcing all the stops). Or you can go to Archway and get the 41 or 91 to the same place. As soon as you see a Texico garage
with a Summerfields as part of it, ring that old stop button. Any questions, give me a shout.

Top flat (ring top bell)
188 Nelson Road,
Hornsey
N8 9RN
Mobile: 0790 3867721

I think I'm going to see this on the sunday as well. Taekwondo demonstrations at the Mayor's Thames Festival. Anybody fancy seeing it? I'll be there, so give me a ring.
http://www.thamesfestival.org/cn/whatson/listings.php?dayid=Saturday&event_id=75

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to cry off, or more aptly, sniffle off, tomorrow.
Enjoy and I hope we can do the 20s/30s club another time - how original! Makes a change from all the delighfully loud and sweaty nightclubs the young people go to these days

/me does a wheelie with her zimmer frame

Hi all, once again thanks for a lovely bday weekend to those who could make it and those wished they could be, korean meal was nice (and scary) .

Just a note about tonights tuesday opening session- it will just be a easy going play it by ear sesh as who knows how it will play out. Give me a call regarding parking if you need- as there is a hidden slip road at the back if there are no spaces on the street. See you soon, J

If you need to see where on a map:

Hi everyone, just a quick notice about tomo's training sesh. Last week the gym owner was away on a conference so couldnt be there to meet us, so for that reason this Tues 23rd everyone is welcome to come along if they want to regardless of whether they were there on Friday. Take care and see you soon, J

Re: Flight to Portugal

Hey Guys

Hope you don't mind me using the forum but I'm in a spot of financial bother and I need to try and get some money back on a holiday I can't go on! Please read:
I booked a return flight to Portugal (details below) but am now unable to go. I'm looking for someone who wants to buy my flights - Easyjet don't let you cancel but for a fee of £20 I can change the name on the e-ticket. I paid
£80 at the time, but that was months ago and the price has gone up to £157 (inc baggae, taxes etc.). I'd like to at least get my money back (including the £20 name change fee) so make me an offer! N.B - I've heard a rumour that Easyjet make the person who's bought the ticket pay the current price, which is absolutely disgusting, so I will look into this before arranging anything with anyone

Flight details are:

Out:
London Gatwick (North) To Faro
flight 8923; dep. Sat 04 Oct 08:15 arr. Sat 04 Oct 11:20

Return:
Faro To London Gatwick (North)
flight 8562; dep. Wed 08 Oct 09:10 arr. Wed 08 Oct 11:55

Thanks
Sarit
07932 4799797

Oh man it looks like it is all bad news on here today!

Apologies for not having contacted you sooner James but I had my car broken into last week and had loads of stuff nicked.

I will explain the full story when I next see you guys but I no longer have a phone or that nice Camcorder anymore :( gutted :(.

I will see you guys in about 12 days time as I am out of the country this friday. Just wanted to post on here incase you thought I had fallen off the earth!

oh noes :( Sorry to hear that joe - does that mean they got all the footage of us jumping around like maniacs?! ;)

**** Joe, that sucks :(
Hope things get sorted before you go off.
I sent you a text on Friday and didn't get a response, wondered why.

Sorry to hear that Joe :(
The next video has been posted thinking of whoever did it (the reason: pay attention to the end because who did it should get some of those in the "chubbiest part of their back")

Arrrrrrg!

OMA UPDATE:

Hi all a few chages going on at OMA for those who havent heard.

Firstly our new team badges are in , you can sow them on yourself but im taking a bulk of them to my local shop who can machine them on for 2.50 each. I recommmend this not just out of lazyness but its a much stronger hold. Please get your uniform to me BEFORE Sat and ill get them done for you. If you are not coming training on Fri please arrange another method. If you are training please come in a plain t-shirt (dont want to take sweaty tops home!)

Second bit of news is that we will be changing the payment method to monthly soon to save me checking every week and make things simpler. There are also a few other changes- please call me when possible and ill run you through it.

Thirdly and finally I have the dates we are going to spectate at our first comp in Feb . More details coming soon.

See you all soon, James

:) I am getting up and running again now.

Wont be around this weekend thou as I am goigng to Ireland but shall be about next Friday so really looking forward to that.

As for the footage a few weeks ago I got that off before it got nicked and have already converted it so you guys will get to see it soon!

Hey dudes

Joseph - glad to hear you're up and running.
Everyone else - sorry I haven't been around - a combination of still being unemployed and a persistent shoulder injury (trying to but I'm gonna try and come at least to do some kicks this fri init.

Love
Moi

That video was dumb they are all like energizer bunnies hoping around like that! Also if it was OMA we would just take their other leg out and on the floor they go for some punishment!

Thems sounds like fightin' words Ben!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hi all, following from my previous message I will need you all to set up a monthly standing order to start on NOVEMBER 1st to replace your current weekly system. This is mainly to ease my heavy paperwork burden keeping records of payments every week. Please set it up now ahead of time as will cause me problems otherwise.

There are a couple of other changes too, please RING ME BEFORE doing anything as I need to explain the details to you.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

James

Luis sends new masterpiece

Go to the members page and use the password 'amo'. Scroll to the very bottom to check it out, its very cool. This is a web version- let me know and ill send you the high res one in all its glory. For those who dont know luis he trained with us before you joined- the guy in white tshirt on front page.

One other note about traning tonight, tops are not ready yet so youll need to bring a tshirt. Thanks and see you soon!

Hi Guys,

Once again I cant make it to training this Friday as I have a shoot in Devon early on Saturday and will be going down on Friday. I cant believe how many sessions I'm missing I'm going to have to do some serious training to get back on track. well I wish you all happy training and don't learn anything new while I'm not there, I cant have you lot being too much better than me. I think your turning kicks need work.

Love the illustration Luis did, wicked.

Catch you all soon.

That picture is frickin awesome!

Yep. great stuff!

I love the picture, its amazing!

Although - wtf at me being blanka, hahahah

That picture is WICKED!!!
LOL at me having cigarette and the teddy bear LOL kudos Luis!!!

Luis dude - the pic is COOLIO INGLESIARSE!! You rock! I wasn't sure which of the two girloids I was but then it became clear - I must be the slacker one not wearing the kit - lol.
Uncle James - can we start a new club for people who've been away and are gonna get their asses kicked? Maybe Will wants to join

Has anyone else tried to funny typy/speaky advert at the top of the page? Hours of fun!!
Hope to see you guys Friday - I'll be the one in the riot gear
PNJ

UPDATE FOR TONIGHT 24/10/08

Hi guys, unfortunately the uniforms will not be ready tonight, I have seen the man this morning. Please bring a tshirt with you if possible and sorry for the late notice. Will let you all know soon as they are done so be on tshirt readiness for next sesh too just in case!

impressive clip sent at work:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hi all, ok thanks to those who contacted me, the system goes monthly in few days so I need you set up your new standing orders immediately if you havent already.

Today please set up £20 to leave on the first of every month starting this November 1st.

This is now cheaper than £5 a week over the 52 week year (was ~£22 monthly). You now still gain access to Tuesday extended sessions for free if you make the Friday (can pay a fiver otherwise).

Ps. From now on for every friend you recommend who signs up you will get a further £2 off your monthly membership for as long as they train- saw a gym doing this scheme, pretty clever as everyone wins!

Please call me as soon as you have set this up so i can tick you off. Any questions give me a shout, J

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10