Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: OMA SOCIAL

Hey all! Glad you liked the pic! Sorry for late post...

Really want to visit you guys sometime next year for training. I´ll see what it can be done...

Hope you are all well!

Nice trailer thanks Ben, just to let you know Tues will be running as usual tonight for those who wanted to know, and this Friday ill talk to you about its future plans.
Thanks, James

Welcome to the forum Mike

DIBS TUESDAY!

OMA UPDATE - Personal Training Sessions!

Hi all, the new monthly system is working great, takes a huge amount of extra work off my busy plate. Half the uniforms are done and people have picked them up, each one takes hours so bare with me please.

As for the bonus tuesday lessons at the moment I am going to trial them as personal training sessions so you get total attention on your technique, and for a limited time will be FREE for members.

It can be difficult getting to two classes a week 100% of the time when you have a full time job especially in the VFX industry as most of you know. You guys can pick and choose when your busy but I have to be there without fail every Fri and a midweek Tues is difficult sometimes. This way I can continue doing the classes religiously on Fri, but only need to contact one person if I need to postpone a Tues. It also means ill get to spend more quality time with beginners and train seniors on their weak points.

I tried it last week with Ben and seemed to work very well. I will be putting up a personal training schedule page soon, but please EMAIL me now (email@omnimartialarts.com) if you would like to reserve a space on the list, first come first served. Also means I can practice moves on someone too ;)

J

So does the personal training sessions start this tuesday?

I think this Tuesday as its the last will be a free for all (anyone can come for no charge) and following tues will be booked as a personal training sesh.

Just to clarify - you do not book specific dates, just email that address asap saying you want a sesh. Its first email first served, and Im currently working on a page to view when your lesson will be roughly be. It will all make more sense once thats up, just email soon as you can for nearer sesh

Hi guys.

I believe the next session (Tuesday 9th) is Ben's session?

My questionn is to Ben, is this an 'open' or 'private' session?

If you want a sparring partner then let me know as I shall be available on Tuesday and would love to train.

Just wanted to say that we had a good session on Friday... I did really enjoy James vs Mike´s fight... It was good (Well done guys, very good fighting and specilly grappling!!)

Uchi mata (inner thigh throw)

This is the judo version of the throw we were practising on Friday. Here it's used to counter a rearward takedown attempt.

Don't give it to him Joe, that was my first mistake. Got none-stop obscene phone calls from that day onwards but of course he denies it.

Sorry I haven't trained for a while guys, got various different excuses. I will be back in the new year with a vengeance, actually I'll be back a lot slower and fatter but....oh well.

I hope you're all doing well

Hi guys important notice: please do not put contact details on here as they could be picked up and use (I just had to delete a message). You can leave or get contact details for private lessons through me with the other member's permission.

hahahah james, steven segal does have that crazy expression on his face!

Hello Everybody,

Some of you I may have seen recently, others months ago. Either way I hope you're all doing well and are full of Christmas cheer this December. It is time for that
most fateful of e-mails; the New Years Eve outing/dining sorting out....one! Myself and Alex 'the tater' Tate have been discussing plans for this New Years Eve and after
saying 'No, you sort it out!' to each other over the course of several weeks, I finally gave up and said I'd do it (yeah yeah, buying a house, moving to Australia. Sounds
like a bunch of excuses to me!). Anyway, we were playing with the idea of actually getting to Primrose Hill and watch the fire works this time, unlike last year, with the
added luxury of having a hamper full of sparkling wine to toast in the new year. Before hand, we will dine at a nice restaurant and afterward, a carriage or two will
lie in wait for us, ready to whisk us to my abode where more drinking and frivolities can continue.

Now i will need to book the restaurant soonish (within the next week) so if I can have numbers. Everyone is welcome. We shall not be doing ice skating again as that did
delay us before. If people want to organize meeting up before hand for that, they are more than welcome. I'll be saving myself for the meal and the rest of the night.
If people would like me to, I can buy plenty of booze and snacks for the house the day before and if everybody could contribute towards it, that would be great.

So you gorgeous lot, let me know what everybody thinks and give us an idea of numbers soon.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to one and all!

Simon

P.S. I do apologize for missing people out, so please forward this to make up for my terrible fopaux.

Reply to siallen79@hotmail.com

Sounds good Si thanks for organising this, put Sandra and I down for places please. Was thinking about doing another Omni Xmas dinner but seems most people are going to be away- including me in Spain. Might have to just mix it up with Simons idea and/or maybe just go for OMA drinks after last sesh. Lets see what happens anyways.

For those who were asking last night here is that clip I was talking about. This is original ITF TKD and not the olympic sport WTF version where you cant use your arms. You can tell by the lack of blue/red body armour and they use gloves/boots instead. See how the Korean waits for his timing and then lets the tornado go when he is not ready to block it. Notice how he always stays just in range taunting the european and springs away when he attacks. Also a nicely timed axe kick midway in there too...

Enjoy, J

ITF Taekwondo Knockout - The most amazing bloopers are here

Hey guys,
Happy New Year! Hope you all had a good Christmas. Should see you all on friday night, so look forward to catching up with everyone.

There's a few of us going out for dinner on monday next week to say cheerio to Alex. It would be nice to get everybody together anyway so if you would like to come, give me a text on
0790 3867721. We'll be meeting up around 7 - 7.30pm in soho.

Hope to see you there.

Simon

Happy New Year Guys!

Hope you had a great New Year's Eve. Sorry I've been so crap. Hope to make an appearance in the near future - not going to bore you with my excuses! What's this about Alex leaving?!?!?!! Crikey, it looks like I've missed all the news

Hope you're all fab. Miss y'all.
Love
S

Sorry guys.

A correction on my last message. It's actually a lunch rather than dinner. If you are around at 1pm in Soho, let me know and I'll book an extra seat at the Italian restaurant.
Cheers,
S

Hello all,

Big update for you, ive been working away in the background and Omni Martial Arts is now offically a member of the World Association of Kickboxing Organisations!

http://www.wakoweb.com/en/InfoPage.aspx?Ctn=82067&Mn=43

So those of you interested in going to watch the British WAKO Champs in Feb please let me know. On other notes, I will have to stop the free bonus tuesdays soon as it really takes it out of me being there hundred percent every week. After teaching the club for over three years and not making a penny I have decided, (and been convinced by you guys mainly) I should make something from it. Prices are not changing etc, but of this Jan it will no longer be a non-profit club. The best bit is it wont affect you guys at all. It will still be the same low price at roughly 4.60 per class, but just means ill take whatever pennies are left over after costs are covered. I will also be re-insuring everyone this Jan so that I do not need to keep track of individual dates, all insurances will be renewed every Jan from now on. If there are any questions on all of this please let me know and I will go into more detail. But in a nutshell you do not need to do anything, just thought youd like to know whats going on behind the scenes.

I figured after the kickboxing news the following clip was the most appropriate, enjoy! J

Hello Omnians, two bits of news for you.

First up on Tuesday 3rd Feb next week will be the last sesh I am renting the Tuesday Gym. I have spoken with the owner and I thought it would be nice to have one last big sesh all invited to say goodbye to it (especially if you never got to see it). Ive asked him to invite his karate/kungfu/jujitsu guys to come along too so we can meet them too- they are a friendly bunch and might get to learn some new things. Hope as many of you can make it so that we look cool and not just me turns up :). But seriously no obligation to attend at all, just if your not planning on anything would be good to have you along.

Secondly the World Association Of Kicboxing Organisations Annual Comp has set a date for 22nd Feb, let me know asap if you want spectator tickets and ill put you on the list. Thats all for now, take care and see you soon, J

Chuck Norris is a Toss-piece, he looks so wooden compared to Lee....and how rubbish are his spinning back kicks?? (obviously im not saying we're better, but for his level of fame for martial arts?) Oh and he has hairy shoulders like Will

James, im in for the competition tickets thing please if people wanna go, sign me up baby!

Not sure if im training on the morrow cos of my dodgy leg, but hopefully.

Take it easy folks.

The comp sounds like fun. If you could tell us how much the tickets are, I'll let you know if I can go.

Oh, on a separate note, could everybody just check if they have picked up my top from James by accident since he had the badges put on. The label on the inside should have my name or initials. It would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

According to Family Guy, Chuck doesn't have a chin under his beard.......only another fist! I wonder if Bruce is hiding any extra legs anywhere?

A good fact on Chuck there Si, I would like to add a couple more so we can all know a little more about him and the man he is....(I liked the vid btw James, have heard about it but never seen that fight)

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

Chuck Norris is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

Haaa! Love the list Tony. The man's a ledge as my brother would say.

Watched the vid that James put on and I love the ending of it. That knowing look between the two guys. Bruce shakes his head. 'Don't do it man! It's not worth dying over!' But the man's pride just can't take it.

What a tit!

"Way of the dragon" - Great movie.

The reverse side kick is a dangerous weapon:

Cheers Tony, my hairy shoulders were a well kept secret.
You’ve ruined me man.

Unfortunately I can’t come to the World Association of Kicboxing Organisations Annual Comp, as I ‘m in Paris then. Gutted I can’t come.

Also I’m not coming training tomorrow, got loads of work to do for a wedding fair on the weekend.

So Ill be there on Tuesday to see the old gym off, see you there.

Hi all quick notice- due to all the snow and not being able to get through to gym owner, im going to postpone the last tuesday to next week. Hope it hasnt caused any problems and give me a call if you need. So in summary the last tuesday will be on tuesday 10th feb. Enjoy, James

Hey Guys this is your last chance to tell me if you wanna get cheaper spectator tickets to the Kickboxing Competition on Feb 22, give me a call by tomorrow and ill put you down as it goes up in price slightly, Thanks, J

Ps heres a pic of last years:

http://instructor.moonfruit.com/communities/9/004/005/222/719/images/4516175822.jpg

Wanted to double check that tomorrow is still on!

Thanks for checking Will, ive been asking all week but seems the gym owner cant get his guys down- I will explain later. Ill be there anyway so anyone who still fancies coming down is welcome to the last tuesday gym sesh. Cheers, J

That kick at 2:52 is amazing!

Alright my friends it's time to say goodbye... at least for a while. Tomorrow i'm leaving London.

I feel priviliged to have trained with such a great group of people.
The club is truly special.

Thanks a lot to Ginger Ninja for being there every Friday to teach us how to do some proper kicks.

Hope to see you guys again sometime!
Peter

OLD CLASSIC!

All the best Pete in Germany, you will be greatly missed, we expect to see you back some day to teach us how to slackline properly! We will send you our attempts in the summer :D. Good luck man and take your well deserved rest, things will work out for the best sooner than you think... J

awwhhh, man down!
Have a good'un pete. Hope to see you back here soon dude.
Live the dream! (whatever yours may be hehe)

Thanks amigos!

Ok James or you fly down for a session in summer.

I love the new website btw james. I have found my next handstand level to get to

Thanks Ben glad you like, its still early days want to update the pics etc and add more info soon, but just wanted to put something back up for now that functions for the meantime, watch this space

Hi Guys, just wanted to say Hi from SydnAAII (God help me). It's going okay down here. Missing training!
Alex.

Good to hear from you man hope all is going well! Dont worry about training heres a recent clip of tony vs ben so you dont feel your missing out too much!

Ahh thats good to know Alex.

James...wth was that!
Those effects were UNnecessary!

Very cool...

Awesome. Although i probably wouldn't try that one in a street fight.

WOW!

That was textbook training ground stuff, the black guy didn't know what to do! hahaha

OOOPS - Posted this in it's own new thread, anyway, re-copied here:

Hey guys, I haven't seen you all for soooooooooooo long.
I miss you all.
Which is why, if James will have me, I shall be returning this Friday!!

In the meantime, who would like to come and see a preview of:

Star Trek
ODEON Covent Garden, London
135 Shaftesbury Avenue

On Tue 28 April
At 6:30 PM

??

I, of course, not working at Framestore, would not have had any opportunity to see any clips, but you may have, who know.

Anyway, lemme know directly via E-Mail!

D.

Good to hear man - although you cant come back that easy. You will need to fight each member there on friday and defeat them to regain membership- only you cannot use your hands or legs and they can! About Star trek, looks great but im already going sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg

Cung Le highlights video.

Couldn't work out how to embed this - sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCZAxchmjU

Street fight featuring a boxer vs. the rest of the world.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10